Come join Dolomite Products Co., Inc. and begin the rest of your future with us.
Dolomites recruiting Vision Statement is to provide a World Class development program that attracts, retains, and produces emerging leaders within Dolomite and throughout Oldcastle.
By combining a whole company approach with individual mentorship, formal and hands-on education, we provide an opportunity for our employees to be immersed in our cultural values that have lead us to profitability and success.
Start your career today and apply!!
This position is an internship to gain on-the-job experience with the ability to diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment, such as cranes, bulldozers, graders, and conveyors, used in construction and quarry industries.
This position also includes trucks maintenance and repair on any type of diesel engine.
This work is conducted under direction of the Equipment and Delivery Manager by performing the following duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
* Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
* Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
* Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers‘ specifications.
* Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
* Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
* Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
* Raise trucks, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
* Read and understand operating manuals, schematic, and technical drawings.
* Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
* Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
* Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
* Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
* Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
* Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
* Attach test instruments to equipment, and read dials and gauges to diagnose malfunctions.
* Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
* Inspect, repair, and maintain automotive and mechanical equipment and machinery such as pumps and compressors.
* Learn and follow safety regulations
* Ensure compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery
* Abide by Dolomite established Guiding Principles:
Integrity, Communication, Recognition, Action and Results Oriented, Positive Attitude, Work Ethic, Growth and Development, and Commitment.
* Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.
* Possess a strong drive to fulfill commitments and tremendous enthusiasm.
* Requires daytime, nighttime & some weekend hours. Travel will be required inside the companys operational area.
* Report to the assigned job site with appropriate personal protective equipment and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
* Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Environmental, Health & Safety Manual.
* Strict adherence to Dolomite policies and procedures as outlined in the Safety Handbook.
* Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
* Must possess and maintain a valid drivers license
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA.
Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to: Fall Protection, Gloves, Hard Hat, Hearing Protection, Padlocks for Lockout/Tagout, Respiratory Protection, Safety (hard toe) Shoes.
QUALIFICATION / REQUIREMENTS
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities.
A strong commitment to safety and adherence to applicable federal, state and local regulations is a must.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Student enrolled or recently graduated from an accredited certificate or degree program in Heavy Equipment or Diesel Mechanics. High school diploma or GED required.
Some experience within a heavy equipment mechanic environment desired.
Welding, torching, mechanically inclined, heavy equipment experience preferred.
A valid State license required, CDL-license a plus.
COMMUNICATION AND LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Getting Information observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources
Ability to read and speak the English language sufficiently to comprehend and communicate to others the requirements of technical specifications, regulations, reports, and manuals.
Ability to apply commonsense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. The individual have the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Also must be able to define problems, establish fact and draw valid conclusions.
Handling and Moving Objects Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
Performing General Physical Activities Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
Repairing and Maintaining Mechanical Equipment Servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical (not electronic) principles.
Walking several miles per day, occasional climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and traveling over irregular terrain. Some tasks involve: prolonged periods of standing and/or exposure to noise or weather, good motor coordination, finger dexterity, and color discrimination. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Capable of lifting heavy objects and equipment. All essential duties must be performed without posing a direct threat to their own, or others, health and safety, with or without the use of a reasonable accommodation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
What Oldcastle Offers You
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North Americas largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If youre up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on
WordPress (Career Blog) and
Dolomite Products Co., Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Dolomite Products Co., Inc. is part of the