XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world’s most successful companies, including Boeing, Disney, Ikea and The Home Depot. XPO is a leading provider of transportation and logistics services throughout the supply chain, including freight brokerage, intermodal, contract logistics, expedite, last mile and global forwarding. We’re passionate about helping our customers operate efficiently – and we’ve put tremendous resources in place to support our commitment. (NYSE: XPO)
Assistant Manager II
The Assistant Manager II reports directly to the Operations Manager II, and is responsible for providing support for all home delivery services for the designated market area. Position involves giving direction, and measuring success of the overall delivery operation in coordination with the Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assist in the management of the day to day operations of contracted drivers, which includes but is not limited to: maintaining contractor schedules, maintaining positive working relationships with contractor drivers and helpers.
* Manage the dispatch of drivers and resolve issues and opportunities throughout the day.
* Assist Operations Manager in identifying problem areas, and offer substantive solutions to improve operational efficiencies.
* Adhere and enforce all operational procedures and policies.
* Training and development of contract carriers, dispatch and warehouse personnel to meet and exceed the customers expectations and the goals of the company.
* Directly supervises 1-7 non-supervisory employees.
* Minimum Required Education: Associates degree in a business related field or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum Required Experience: 1 year of supervisory experience.
+ 2 years of supervisory experience
+ 1-3 years of logistics or transportation experience
+ Bachelors degree in Logistics or Supply Chain Management
JOB RELATED COMPETENCIES
* Analytical Skills –
+ Identifies and resolves problems.
+ Demonstrates attention to detail
* Communication Skills
+ Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar.
+ Presents organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience.
* Time Management Skills –
+ Demonstrates follow-up skills.
+ Provides timely and professional support to all internal/external customers and vendors.
+ Prioritizes regular workload, special tasks and concurrent projects, allocating time and resources to ensure that work is completed accurately and efficiently within established time frame.
* Leadership Skills (for Managers/Supervisor)
+ Proven leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to effectively supervise, coach and influence employees.
+ Team-oriented. Consults with Team members and management as needed to complete assigned responsibilities.
+ Establishes and maintains effective, collaborative work relationships both internally and externally.
+ Maintains strict confidentiality.
Basic Computer Skills
* Strong Fluency
user of Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as MS Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Accurately inputs information into and retrieves from the computer.
* Quickly learns and achieves proficiency in new software applications as needed.
* Other Technical / Computer Skills –
+ Thorough knowledge of internal company software applications applicable to position/business unit
+ Acts as subject matter expert and provides training, troubleshooting and other support for software applications managed by business unit (i.e. COGNOS, FIS, Incentive Scorecards)
+ Understands and is familiar with the most widely known and emerging tools, technologies and social applications.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
* Office / cubicle work space with moderate noise level.
* Warehouse environment with exposure to temperature changes
Hours of Work/Travel
* Hours cover early mornings, evenings and weekends.
* Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Spends most of day on phone
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.