Posting Closes: 6/16/17
If you are looking for an opportunity to lead the advancement of the digital business movement underlying Federal Reserve National Information Technology (NIT), please read on.
As the Director/AVP you will provide strategic leadership for the Federal Reserve System to deliver mission critical security services in the application and data integration space. Reporting to the Vice President of NIT National Integration Services (NIS), you will be responsible for oversight, leadership and team management over a portfolio of enterprise integration platforms integration platforms for customers across the System. As the Director you own the portfolio performance and business objectives, drives innovation within the teams, advances core strategic focus areas, manages large-scale mission critical migration efforts and prioritizes team resources for high impact value for the Federal Reserve.
In addition, you will be responsible for the planning, roadmaps, portfolio management administration (budget, reporting, etc.) and human capital management for a wide array of integration services. You will liaise with a larger distributed team to manage the builds and ensure excellent levels of operations and SLA adherence for the portfolio. You will provide leadership to your teams, both dedicated and distributed, to ensure operational support while growing the business consistent with our business partner’s drive to a more digitized business portfolio of services. The Director will lead the development and management of the customer engagement model and portfolio pipeline prioritization for the shared services.
You will also oversee the movement to the shared integration platforms by providing leadership and management to a large geographically diverse team located across the USA. While based in San Francisco, you will be NIT leaders responsible for directing 3 Product Managers, engineers, developers, analysts and other IT support functions to deliver world-class products to meet our business objectives.
This is your opportunity to own and be accountable for a mission critical set of technology platforms/products in a highly visible, fast-paced, innovative environment. If you are looking for a highly visible opportunity to take your career to new heights – apply now!
The director/AVP will have the highest level of organizational awareness, emotional intelligence, collaboration and leadership skills required to coordinate large-scale, long-term efforts across multiple teams, critical business functions and demanding timelines. As the Director/AVP, you oversee and direct activities of NIT Initiatives and activities through direct supervision of managers, project managers, vendors and operations staff consistent with the portfolio goals.
* Portfolio Management : Drive and facilitate portfolio management processes to ensure strategic alignment, project prioritization and resolution management to competing project priorities and resource demands. Excelled at developing working models to optimize demand through structured, strategic rationalization and alignment of redundant business capabilities. Experience in establishing and effectively managing work intake processes and ensure standardization across the portfolio of work. Develop strong communication protocols to provide key stakeholders timely assessment and visibility of portfolio performance, issues, milestones and risks commensurate with client needs.
* Product Management – Experience in leading new product development, business development, customer requirements and design specifications, developing robust communication platforms and managing a team of diverse skills to deliver world-class products
* Strategy – Experience in developing and ability to understand the larger picture strategies. Communicate long term vs short term opportunities, risks and implications paired with business justification to support recommendation for action. Provide strategic guidance and recommendations to Executive management
* Business Analysis – Work closely with business partners to document functional, non-functional, technical, security requirements and business case details to support strategic projects.
* Organizational Change – Lead organizational change aligned with portfolio strategies. Create and implement organizational strategies
* Communication At Highest Level – Champion strategy, architecture, research and best practices to technical teams, business customers and internal Executive management. Use your strong executive level communication skills and advanced ability to collaborate amongst developers, project managers and executive stakeholders and ensure a clear, consistent message.
* Proven leader seasoned with 5-7+ years in business/IT and strategy/management
* Established leader with significant portfolio/program management experience
* Strong negotiation, facilitation, communication, influencing and interpersonal skills including demonstrated expertise in forging strong customer relationships while utilizing exercising influence and negotiating skills to achieve desired results. Exhibits strong customer empathy and customer sensitivity
* Demonstrated expertise in the areas of accountability, critical thinking and emotional intelligence
* Outstanding people manager, with inspirational leadership skills, presence and proven ability to coach, lead, and develop high performing teams
* Exceptional collaboration skills with an ability to partner effectively with others in the pursuit common goals including expertise in
* Exhibit the highest levels of personal and professional integrity at all times
* 5-7+ years experience providing strategic guidance and leading organizational change
* Demonstrated effective change champion and ability to work effectively with others (including remote employees) to deliver complex, critical strategic IT initiatives
* Advanced executive level communication skills, pictorial, written and verbal. Excellent listening skills. Proven ability to write clear and concise technical documents, including design documents, specifications and technology roadmaps
* Advanced experience using agile methodologies to deliver IT projects
* Self-driven/motivated working style
* Multi-tasking master
* Overnight travel may average twenty to thirty nights per year for project related meetings, conferences and/or training
* MUST be a U.S. Citizen or a Green Card holder with the intent to become a U.S. Citizen
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we offer a wonderful benefits package including:
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax Medical Flexible Spending Account, Backup Child Care Program, Pre-tax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and an unheard of Pension.
* Location: The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is located at 101 Market Street in San Francisco, CA, with easy bay area commute access via the Embarcadero BART station and ferries at the nearby San Francisco Ferry Building.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our people proudly reflect the diversity and ideas of the communities we serve.