JOB TITLE Banquet(Event) Captain
POSITION PURPOSE To assist, supervise and train staff in the maintenance and coordination of banquet rooms which includes enforcement of policies re set-up, upkeep, service, break down, and cleaning.
1. Supervise and train staff in the set up and break down of assigned banquet rooms according to contract and managers instructions.
2. Supervise and train staff in the service of food and beverages according to standards.
3. Participate in set up of banquet rooms and service of food / beverage to guests.
4. Communicate frequently with supervisors and managers as to the progress of the days work.
5. Greet guests upon arrival. Respond to guest requests and/or complaints in a prompt and professional manner.
6. Ensure accuracy of event billing. May review guest check with client after function and obtain signature.
7. Supervise and train staff in maintaining cleanliness of banquet rooms, public areas, storage and back of the house areas.
8. Responsible for maintaining condition and cleanliness of work area.
9. Supervise and train staff in maintaining inventory of necessary supplies.
10. Supervise and train staff to conform to InterContinental Milwaukee’s high standards of quality and service.
11. Participate in pre-function areas/rooms, table set-ups, buffet tables, receptions and coffee breaks for cleanliness, attractiveness and proper layout.
12. Perform and assist in other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to comprehend English in order to receive instructions from managers and guests and to communicate with all members of the banquet(event) department.
2. Ability to respond quickly and accurately to guest requests.
3. Ability to handle multiple tasks quickly and efficiently.
4. Ability to lift 40 lbs. with or without a reasonable accommodation.
5. Basic knowledge of food preparation.
6. Prior Banquet Server experience required. Prior hospitality supervisory experience preferred.
7. May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.