Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
SUMMER WORK OPPORTUNITY
June 1, 2017 thru August 31, 2017
We are currently seeking a Production Workers for seasonal summer help at our Wausau, WI facility. You will have the opportunity to work in a variety of departments.
Primary duties will be to inspect material for quality and ensure safe and proper transport to other departments. This position has full-time hours with opportunities for 1st or 2nd shift. 1st shift standard hours are 4:45 am –
Monday – Thursday. 2nd shift standard hours are 3:15 pm- 1:45 pm.
Both shifts may have possible overtime on Friday & Saturday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Handling glass and metal product from, tables, rolling racks, delivery trucks, or wood crates for 10 or more hours daily
* Transporting of materials including glass from one position/location to another in an effort to expedite the production process
* Quality inspection, operating equipment, and/or manually maneuvering equipment
* Reading labels to expedite product flow into other departments
* Understanding layout of the facility to ensure proper product flow
* Inspecting product for any abnormalities and notifying supervisor immediately of any issues
* Utilizing a tape measure to ensure product is within the product specifications
* Regular and predictable attendance, ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
* All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production
* Must have basic math skills
* Must be able to work a flexible starting schedule and/or overtime as needed
* High School Diploma or GED, preferred
* One year of previous work experience in a warehouse, manufacturing, or production facility, preferred
* Ability to bend, stoop, stretch, twist and reach frequently
* Must be able to stand for 10 hours or more per day
* Ability to lift/move up to 75 lbs. intermittently
* Ability to wear required safety equipment, including safety boots with metatarsal guards
* Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
* Only online applications will be accepted
* When applying, please provide full employment history
* Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What Oldcastle Offers You
* Highly competitive base pay
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North Americas largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If youre up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on
WordPress (Career Blog) and
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is part of the Oldcastlecareers network.