We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Organization
One of the nation’s leading 501(c)3 nonprofit fiscal sponsors, PHFE has served nonprofit and government agencies since 1968. PHFE’s staff provides a wide spectrum of nationally recognized infrastructure and support expertise. With Fiscal Sponsorship, Infrastructure Management, and Consulting Services, nonprofit and government agencies are able to reduce administrative overhead, improve accountability and spend more time and funding on programming and service delivery.
PHFE’s services help make communities healthier and make a difference in the lives of millions of people served by our government and nonprofit clients.
CAN045 – El Centro, CA
Zika, Imperial County
Public Health Foundation Enterprises (PHFE) invites applicants for the position of Health Program Coordinator.
Under the direction of an Assistant Manager; the Health Program Coordinator will direct the Zika virus disease programs for the Imperial County Public Health Department (ICPHD). The Health Program Coordinator will plan, organize, and implement program activities, and monitor program budgets and expenditures. This position will supervise the Zika Health Education Specialist.
This position is grant funded for 15 months.
* Organize and lead the ICPHD Zika Program.
* Supervise and provide direction to the Health Program Education Specialist.
* Plan and implement Zika educational and outreach activities, including development of materials and a plan for dissemination of Zika virus disease educational materials in English and Spanish.
* Attend and distribute Zika educational materials to healthcare providers and local governmental and non-governmental organizations in the county.
* In collaboration with the ICPHD Public Information Officer and subject matter experts, develop a comprehensive media campaign in English and Spanish using a variety of local media outlets including TV, radio, and newspapers.
* In collaboration with ICPHD staff, develop a just-in-time training course for epidemiological investigation of Zika virus disease to train epidemiology and other Public Health staff, and medical personnel to enhance ICPHD’s capacity to conduct Zika virus disease investigations.
* Develop an awareness-level training program for the current Bi-national Zika virus surveillance projects to encourage healthcare providers in Imperial County and Mexicali, Mexico to enroll patients meeting the identified Zika criteria.
* Review and monitor budget expenditures, make recommendations to superiors and adjustment expenditures/budget as necessary.
* Analyze reports, regulations, requests for information, and other assigned activities. Identify alternative approaches to resolve issues and make recommendations to Assistant Manager for proper course of action.
* Prepare and present reports regarding Zika program activities, including activities and applicable statistics.
* Prepare Zika program documentation for Public Health Department and for submission to the state as necessary.
* Perform related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in public administration or other related field; or any equivalent combination and experience
* At least one year of experience in public health education and program development.
* At least one year of supervisory experience, preferred.
* Valid California Driver’s license
Other Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
* Knowledge of community organizations services, including public health services available and sources of referral
* Knowledge of rules and regulations governing the operation of other public services
* Knowledge of public health laws and regulations
* Knowledge of health promotion and education/outreach methodologies
* Knowledge of budget preparation and control
* Knowledge of principles and practices of supervision and training
* Knowledge of policies, objectives, rules and regulations and related activities
* Knowledge of research methods, report writing, and record keeping techniques
* Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Effective planning and organizational skills
* Ability to direct the day-to-day activities of an assigned public health program
* Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
* Ability to compile and verify data and prepare reports
* Ability to supervise, motivate, train, and direct the work of a multi-disciplinary team
* Ability to read, interpret, explain, and apply rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
* Ability to accurately analyze situations and adopt an effective course of action
* Proficient in MS Office
* Stand Frequently
* Walk Frequently
* Sit Frequently
* Handling / Fingering Occasionally
* Reach Outward Occasionally
* Reach Above Shoulder Occasionally
* Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend Occasionally
* Lift / Carry Occasionally – Up to 50 lbs
* Push/Pull Occasionally – Up to 50 lbs
* See Constantly
* Taste/ Smell Not Applicable
Not Applicable Not required for essential functions
Occasionally (0 – 2 hrs/day)
Frequently (2 – 5 hrs/day)
Constantly (5+ hrs/day)
General Office Setting, Indoors Temperature Controlled. Incumbents may be exposed to dust, pollen, and adverse weather conditions.
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to be considered.
Please apply at the following URL: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1556873
PHFE is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages minorities, women, veterans, and disabled to apply.
This position is currently accepting applications.