Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacifics Consumer Products division is seeking qualified professionals to consider for their Site Energy Leader opportunity to join our Port Hudson paper, tissue and towel manufacturing segments located in Zachary, LA area.
This position provides leadership and direction for continuous improvement of site energy performance by applying energy management best practices to daily operations and to long term strategic planning, including new projects and technology applications.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Develop and own the site specific energy plan to be used for day-to-day and long term operations to optimize energy usage and minimize inefficiencies and waste.
* Identify Key Operating Variables (KOV) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for individual processes and the utilities area for use in controlling and understanding energy usage on a daily basis at the operations level.
* Identify measurement gaps and assist operating departments in securing needed measurements.
* Create and maintain a meter map for use in the identification of information gaps.
* Perform and sponsor periodic audits of process level energy utilization to identify savings opportunities.
* Create site and process level energy balances for use in identifying optimization opportunities, monitoring site performance and developing day-to-day and long term energy usage strategies.
* Identify and provide training for energy related skills.
* Lead efforts to drive sites cultural change to embrace and continuously improve energy optimization.
* Report status of energy project plans and results focus on reduced energy use, not just energy production or purchasing.
* Lead the site energy team with representatives from each operating department.
* Predictive modeling for accurate forecasting of short and long term energy consumption
* Establish and own reporting systems to provide energy use information and analysis to management and the work force
* Assist the organization on intra and inter-company energy management knowledge sharing teams as needed
* Establish and own the system for evaluating energy optimization projects.
* Assist in developing the capital investment program that optimizes energy use.
* Monitor and report subsequent savings of energy projects.
* Coordinate efforts, programs and recommendations with the reliability group.
* Represent the facility in matters concerning purchased energy.
* Integrate energy program activities with site programs for sustainability and carbon management.
What You Will Need:
* Bachelors degree or higher in Engineering, Technology or Pulp and Paper Science
* 3 or more years of process engineering experience within a manufacturing environment
* Experience with Microsoft Office Software such as Excel, Word and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead?
* Bachelors degree or higher in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Paper and Paper Science
* 5 or more years of process engineering experience within a manufacturing environment
* Experience with pulp and paper manufacturing, specifically in the Utilities or Power areas
* Experience with developing, coordinating and leading plant energy improvement
* Experience with DCS controls and data historian software applications for data analyses and troubleshooting
* Experience with process modeling software
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube