The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry.
As a privately held management-owned company with 14 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we thrive to win with exceptional people who share our values.
We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, Save Me San Francisco, Insurrection, Concannon, Benziger and Imagery.
We are a successful company looking to employ talented individuals on our team who are self-motivated, positive and energetic.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
Under the direction of Tasting Room Manager, the Senior Sales Associate (Full-time) is based in Glen Ellen, CA. Senior Sales Associate is responsible for providing total customer experience in the tasting room, has a passion for wine and delivering on the sales and club acquisition goals while providing best of class service in a high volume, customer centric environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
* Achieves and Exceeds Sales Goals
* Posts the daily and monthly sales goals and wine club enrollment objectives for the Associates and communicates them clearly
* Understands and reinforces the daily and monthly incentive plans to motivate and appropriately compensate Associates for exceeding sales targets
* Host Tastings and Tours with the goal of maximizing sales and providing exemplary customer service
* Manages staff in the tasting room to include assist in monthly and event staff scheduling, troubleshooting and resolving scheduling issues when they arise, customer triage and effective deployment of staff resources
* Assists in the process for bringing on new hires
* Trains new staff and works to further develop selling skills and effectiveness of existing staff
* Accurately completes the monthly inventory counts
* Opens and closes wine shop
* Manages the end of day reporting and ensures safe handling of cash deposits on daily basis
* Clearly understands and manages the POS systems so that all staff competently enter and handle all transactions within the Tasting Room
* This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* Must be at least 21 years of age
* Strong knowledge of wine and an interest in developing further expertise in wine
* Friendly, outgoing and energetic with exceptional communication skills
* Two to five years retail management experience preferably in wine or hospitality management experience
* Comprehensive understanding of winemaking, wine tasting and viticulture
* Must be available to work weekends, weekdays, holidays and some evenings
* Leadership skills and the ability to develop and empower a sales team
* Possess strong communication, sales and customer service skills
* Ability to supervise and manage part time staff , temporary employees and volunteers
* Understand and execute all necessary aspects of the POS
* Proficiency with company computer systems, software and reports to include:Outlook, Word, Excel, Vintegrate, and Adobe Acrobat, and general Internet navigation
* Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets
* Working environment has exposure to both indoors and outdoors
* Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks
* Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.