Primary Objective of Position:
In collaboration with other projectmanagers, manages small projects, subprojects or phase(s) of larger projects.Responsible for all aspects of the project over the entire project life(initiate, plan, execute, control, close). Must be familiar with system scopeand project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member,to effectively coordinate the activities of the team. Ensures adherence toquality standards, new product development processes and project deliverables.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
* Develop, communicate and execute the project plan
* Develop the project plan
* Execute the tasks as defined in the project plan to achieve the project goals
* Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the project plan, in order to align the stakeholders and team members
Establish project requirements and deliverables
* Develop detailed customer and internal requirements, constraints, and assumptions using existing processes with stakeholders in order to establish the project requirements and deliverables
Develop, monitor and maintain project schedule
Manage changes to project scope project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan
Monitor and control project work
* Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders
Monitor and manage project risks
* Implement the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events in order to minimize the impact of the risks on the project
* Requires a demonstrable knowledge of projectmanagement principles and practices
* Must have good communication skills
* Good presentation skills are required
4+ years related experience, in which a good working knowledge of standardproject management principles, tools, and processes has been obtained.
Bachelors degreein Engineering or equivalent work experience required
CertifiedAssociate in Project Management (CAPM®) certificate or New Product DevelopmentProfessional (NPDP) certificate preferred
Physical Demands: N/A
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1- …… (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to [Apply online].