JOB TITLE: Remote Reservation Sales Agent I – II – III
DEPARTMENT: Marcus Reservations and Customer Care Center
Marcus Reservations and Customer Care have remote opportunities available providing flexibility and an environment free from distractions. We provide the equipment as well as a competitive wage and the opportunity to earn incentive dollars.
Input and process all reservation requests, cancellations and changes via phone, for multiple properties and brands. Actively listen to and engage each guest while utilizing selected sales techniques to determine and meet the needs of each guest. Maximize room rates and revenue while following implemented sales strategies. Understand, discuss and sell room accommodations for multiple properties and brands. Understand, discuss and sell additional services to guests including spa and salon reservations, golf tee times and restaurant reservations.
Policies and Procedures
* Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers
* Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
* Follow company and department policies and procedures
* Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards
Guest Relations, Reservation Services and Processing
* Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns and requests using brand and property specific processes to resolve issues, maintain conversion ratios of the department and up-sell.
* Address guests‘ service needs in a professional, positive and timely manner.
* Anticipate guests‘ service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs.
* Listening to and selling to a guests‘ preferences whenever possible
* Respond to every guest with a smile and friendly greeting while using the guests‘ name at all times.
* Thank guests with genuine appreciation.
* Engage guests in conversation with regard to their stay, property services and area offerings.
* Actively sell multiple properties and cross sell for multiple properties when one property is fully committed.
* Offer and sell multiple services to guests including Spa, Restaurant and Golf Tee times.
* Understand and discuss Brand Loyalty programs
* Verify all reservation information with callers to ensure accuracy.
* Document special requests in an accurate and efficient manner.
* Utilizing implemented sales techniques and strategies determine the most appropriate accommodation to meet guest needs and requirements for multiple properties and brands.
* Utilizing implemented sales techniques and strategies maximize room rates and revenues for multiple properties and brands.
* Describe room accommodations for multiple properties and brands.
* Use sales techniques when assisting guests in making reservations including but not limited to:
* Personalizing calls
* Obtaining complete guest needs
* Suggesting alternate dates or referring to alternate property on sold out dates
* Offering features and benefits for multiple properties such as facility or service information.
* Using open-ended questions to obtain all necessary information from guests
Identify repeat guests
Inform guests of rules regarding negotiated and/or discounted rates
Input and access data in multiple reservation systems
Verify availability of room types, rates and occupancy prior to confirming any reservations
Process all reservation requests, changes and cancellations received via phone
Input any special room requirements or requests into the appropriate areas for multiple reservation systems.
* Associate Meals
* Marcus Room & Dining Discounts
* Additional Marcus Associate Discounts
* Hilton Room Discounts
* Health Insurance (Non-Union Associates & Union Associates)
* Wage Increases
* Holidays & Holiday Pay
* Jury Duty
* Bereavement Pay
* Leaves of Absence
Understanding the Business
* Technical Learning
* Functional/Technical Skills
* Problem Solving
* Written Communication
* Verbal Skills – Articulate and Professional
* Interpersonal Savvy
* Drive for Results
Education High School Diploma/G.E.D equivalent
Related Work Experience No related work experience is required
Supervisory Experience No related work experience is required