Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Loan Processor Assistant plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of activities related to the companys retail branch operations functions. The role is primarily responsible, under direct supervision, for assisting the Loan Processor(s) by reviewing loan files, ordering supporting documents, and performing other similar tasks in a high-volume loan environment.
* Request and review file documentation, including income/employment verifications, bank statements or verifications of deposit, property valuations, etc.; ensure documentation has been uploaded into the paperless file system.
* Open escrow and title accounts for clients.
* Ensure appropriate data has been keyed and is maintained in within the electronic system.
* Communicate with Loan Processor(s) regarding the documentation needed to process the loan; maintain effective follow up to ensure receipt of needed documents.
* Assist loan processor to gather information to clear underwriting conditions and to help resolve investor stipulations.
* Respond to inquiries and follow up with key individuals promptly to resolve problems.
* Communicate directly with internal and external stakeholders as necessary.
* Stay abreast of industry trends and standards.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent required, some college courses, along with a minimum of one year total experience in Mortgage lending related role(s) preferred.
* Some knowledge of mortgage lending policies, procedures, and regulations is helpful.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment; strong detail orientation and highly organized.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Works with a strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
* Passionate about delivering excellence in customer service.
* Demonstrated patience and professionalism when interacting with both internal and external customers.
* Proficiency with data entry, PDF software programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
* Ethical, with a commitment to company values.
* Direct supervision required, depending on experience
* Limited judgment required; generally follows pre-defined processes and guidelines, escalating more complex issues for advice and resolution
* Travel: 0%
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; occasionally walks and/or stands.
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.