To maintain a sanitary environment for food and beverage preparation and storage as well as provide clean service ware and utensils for the entire food and beverage operation.
1. Selects, trains, schedules, supervises, and counsels all members of stewarding department in accordance with established standards for safety, productivity, and performance.
Delegates dish and equipment washing and silver polishing activities.
2. Directs staff in maintaining the cleanliness of the back of the house areas including: main kitchen, storage areas, dumpsters, loading dock, the associate dining room, and ware washing areas.
Manages general cleaning schedule so that the food service areas meet or exceed the health inspection requirements.
3. Maintains the inventory and coordinate the distribution of all big four items: china, glassware, and silver, which also include visual inspection to ensure cleanliness and safe transportation.
4. Controls the equipment storage areas and the issuance of equipment for the Food Service department.
This includes maintaining the cleanliness and good operating condition of house kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, refrigerators, ovens, ice makers, walk ins, dish machines, etc.
5. Organizes and conducts pre-shift and departmental meetings to advise staff of forecasted expectations.
Attends other relevant meetings.
6. Performs general/routine cleaning tasks using standard resort cleaning products as assigned to adhere to health standards.
7. Assures that ample cleaning supplies and ware wash detergents on hand.
These costs are not to exceed monthly forecast budgets.
8. Performs other duties as requested, such as assist banquet and catering staff and move supplies and equipment.
9. Ability to visually inspect cleanliness.
10. Ability to count service ware during inventory.
11. Ability to push/pull service carts weighing up to 500 lbs.
12. Ability to grasp, hold, and carry items weighing up to 40 lbs.
13. Ability to read and speak basic English so as to fully comprehend job requests, caution notices, event orders, and similar written materials.
Basic Spanish comprehension is also required.
14. Ability to retrieve items from 8 shelves.
15. Ability to stand and move throughout the facility for long periods of time, eight hours or more and continuously perform essential job functions.
16. High school education preferred.
17. Working knowledge of kitchens, equipment, food production, sanitation and safety.
18. One year as Assistant Executive Steward and/or Stewarding Supervisor required.
At the Skirvin Hilton, we offer the following great benefits:
* Competitive Wages
* Insurance benefits to our associates after 90 days of full-time employment
* Room discounts
* Complimentary meals in our employee cafeteria daily/nightly
The Skirvin Hilton is a Drug Free Workplace.
All candidates must be able to pass a Criminal Background Check.
We will verify through E-Verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.