XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world’s most successful companies, including Boeing, Home Depot, Ikea, L’Oréal and many others. We’re growing worldwide. And we’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our customers require. If you’re ready to give us your best, let’s talk. We’d like to invest in you. (NYSE: XPO)
The Contract Administrator is responsible for overseeing the entire contract process for incoming and terminated Contract Carriers. The position reports directly to the Director of Field Support Services, and works closely with field managers to give assistance and advice for all contract related matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Pre-screen potential contract carriers for contract eligibility based upon contract agreement, DOT standards, and company policy.
* Manage incoming applicants through the pre-contract background checks and DOT compliance screening.
* Inform Operations Managers of results of screening process.
* Guide on-line contracting process using proprietary contracting system.
* Assist and inform Operations Managers of all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations and DOT complance regualtions.
* Assist Operations Managers with the set up of Contract Carrier business.
* Review contract terminations with Operations Managers ensuring compliance with contract agreement.
* Assist and inform Operations Managers with contract related questions, policies and procedures.
* Minimum Required Education: High School Diploma or GED
* Minimum Required Experience: 2 years of contract management experience
* Desirable Education/Experience: Associates Degree in Business Administration
+ 3 years of logistics or transportation experience
+ 2 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
JOB RELATED COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Analytical Skills –
+ Identifies and resolves problems.
+ Demonstrates attention to detail
* Communication Skills
+ Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar.
* Time Management Skills –
+ Demonstrates follow-up skills.
+ Provides timely and professional support to all internal/external customers and vendors.
+ Prioritizes regular workload, special tasks and concurrent projects, allocating time and resources to ensure that work is completed accurately and efficiently within established time frame.
+ Team-oriented. Consults with Team members and management as needed to complete assigned responsibilities.
+ Establishes and maintains effective, collaborative work relationships both internally and externally.
+ Maintains strict confidentiality.
* Basic Computer Skills
+ Basic knowledge of Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as MS Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
+ Accurately inputs information into and retrieves from the computer.
* Other Technical / Computer Skills –
+ Thorough knowledge of internal company software applications applicable to position/business unit
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS- The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Office / cubicle work space with moderate noise level.
Hours of Work/Travel
* Extended hours including weekends.
* Able to lift up to 10 pounds.
* Spends most of day on phone
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.