Who are we? Watch to find out!
Koch Fertilizer, LLC is seeking a qualified candidate to lead the field safety and training functions and demonstrate a „Passion to Protect“ for our production site in Dodge City, KS. We are looking for an individual who is willing to challenge the status quo and drive behavioral changes to promote a focused safety environment. To succeed in this role, you must be a self-starter, able to identify problems, provide solutions, and possess the ability to influence others through being a role model for safety and compliance. The employee that aligns with our company values will find fulfillment in being a role model and coach for other employees in the safe execution of work and operations excellence.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Assist with the development and utilization of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards.
* Assist employees in aligning to a vision of lower risk tolerance / preference.
* Support the process safety and chemical process safety programs
* Enhance the plants capability in the continuous improvement of safety programs including but are not limited to: Confined Space, Emergency Response, Electrical, Safe Work Practices: Lock Tag Verify, Fall Protection, Incident Investigation, Mobile Equipment, Cranes and Rigging, Personal Protective Equipment, and Safe Work Permits.
* Assist the Environmental, Safety & Health teams with aspects of programs for the plant, including continuous improvement of programs.
* Assist the plants capability to facilitate effective incident investigations to identify root causes and implement corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
* Provide coaching and mentoring to facilitate ownership for safety at all levels.
* Other duties to support the Environmental, Safety & Health leaders as needed.
* Manage the plants industrial hygiene programs.
(HazCom, respiratory protection, medical exams, asbestos, and industrial hygiene monitoring)
* Own the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems and effectively conduct training for the plant.
* Own the plants contractor safety management program, safe work permitting and programs, and others as needed.
* Own field safety oversight during turnarounds and outages, day to day work.
What You Will Need:
* 3+ years safety-related work experience in an industrial environment
* Experience demonstrating effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
* Experience and knowledge of PSM covered processes
* Experience in heavy manufacturing and/or chemical processes in a chemical facility
* Knowledge of OSHA 1910 compliance regulations to include recordkeeping and PSM
* Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word
* Associate’s degree in chemistry or science related field
What Will Put You Ahead?
* A minimum of 5 years Safety & Health work experience in chemical manufacturing
* Demonstrated knowledge and skills of PSM elements (conduct MOCs,
PSSRs, PHA experience)
* Bachelors degree or higher in Safety or a safety/engineering related field
* ASP, GSP, CSP, CIH or equivalent certification
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
* Ability to climb stairs and ladders and work at heights exceeding 100 ft.
* Must be able and willing to work outdoors in all types of weather
* Must be able to pass a pulmonary breathing test, wear a gas mask type respirator and full Level A PPE
* Willing and able to travel up to 25% of the time
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/VeteranExcept where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us KAES-LinkedIn KRC-Twitter KRC-Facebook KRC-YouTube