Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. It´s a network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England. Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is committed to providing consistently excellent and accessible health services to alland is the largest safety-net hospital in New England. The hospital is also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) and a founding partner of Boston HealthNet an integrated health care delivery systems that includes many community health centers. BMC provides a full range of pediatric and adult care services, from primary to family medicine to advanced specialty care.
BMC is also committed to our employees, who are a very important piece to who we are. We pride ourselves in providing equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. BMC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
We are looking for a highly organized, dynamic leader for our HR Resource Coordinator role. In this highly visible position it is important that the candidate be a pleasant, polished, relentlessly positive self-starter who enjoys customer service. This individual will have a unique opportunity to take ownership, impact outcomes and drive positive change for our team, employees and organization.
BMC is a remarkable organization, with a deep mission focus and a rich history of service to our Boston community. The ideal candidate would embody our organizational values to help our team provided exceptional care to everyone they assist.
This role requires a true team player who will be responsible for welcoming visitors to the HR Department, answering the phone, fielding a variety of questions, and using their strong problem solving skills to ensure the department runs smoothly. This role will report to the Human Resources Office Manager and will partner in creation and continuous improvement of workflow, resources and procedures. The right candidate will be a strong multitasker able to deal with change, ambiguity and solve problems creatively. This is a great long-term opportunity, with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Daily Responsibilities include:
* Greeting visitors in person or on the telephone; answer questions or refer inquiries to the appropriate person/place.
* Working on continuous improvement of workflow, resources and processes to ensure the highest level of efficiency and effectiveness as well as alignment with organizational values.
* Assisting with client communications.
* Triaging requests to HR teammates and functional groups/individuals beyond HR.
* Coordination of mail services, including distribution of incoming mail, faxes, Fedex, etc.
* Overseeing maintenance of office equipment.
* Ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies.
* Maintenance of the reception area, conference rooms, supply room and kitchen to ensure a clean and orderly environment
* Calendar management of HR conference rooms.
* Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
* Very organized with excellent attention to detail.
* Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with a passion for customer service.
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
* Strong critical thinker/problem solver excited by tackling challenges as they arise and preventing them through process improvement.
* Comfortable and can easily adapt in a fast paced dynamic environment.