What does an Inventory / Merchandising Supervisor do?
The Inventory / Merchandising Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of product inventory and store merchandising at an individual store level. This includes: shipping/receiving functions, warehouse organization, integrity of physical product (stock counts), accuracy and integrity of inventory documentation, store planograms and signage, pricing accuracy, and clearance / open box maintenance.
You will support the direction of the Assistant Store Manager Operations in delivering efficient and effective processing, shrink plan integrity, safety and profitability within the store.
As the Inventory / Merchandising Supervisor you will:
* Lead and mentor team on adherence to the Department Execution Model related to inventory / merchandising process, procedure, and strategy.
* Consistently demonstrate responsibility for the general store look and feel that includes: interior, exterior, planograms, pricing, ad-set, down-stocking, and store functionality.
* Uphold adherence to physical asset protection process to foster a foundationally strong shrink culture throughout the store.
* Assist Manager in hiring selection, performance management, and disciplinary actions.
* Prepare and conduct team meetings, trainings and other special events to communicate clear goals to team.
What are the Professional Requirements of an Inventory / Merchandising Supervisor?
* High school diploma or equivalent
* 1 year leadership experience inclusive of coaching and recognition
* 1 year sales or customer service experience
* 1 year warehouse/inventory experience
* Associate degree or higher in business or related field
* 1 year retail experience
* 1 year consumer electronics experience
* Prior store level product inventory experience (including replenishment, planogram, and signage integrity)
* Previous experience in safety / emergency procedure compliance
* Previous leadership / supervisory experience (including providing daily work direction, scheduling of tasks, and performance management)