What does a Geek Squad Cadet do?
Do all things technology fire you up? Can you swap a motherboard or hook up a home theater system blindfolded? Does the thought of installing an LCD in an SUV, and getting paid for it, make you salivate? If you answered yes to any of these questions, congratulations, your dream career might be waiting for you at Geek Squad.
Geek Squad Agents travel to clients home to perform delivery and basic installation of home theater/satellite/multi-room audio, computer, and major appliance products, providing technical advice and assistance to clients. Installation ranges from basic audio/video connectivity to assisting other agents in fishing wires through walls for advanced home theater installations. Geek Squad Cadets typically ride along with agents for two-person installations but may ride alone on simpler jobs. All installation and computer repair service must meet the highest standards set forth by the Geek Squad while assuring a professional and safe working environment. Agents are expected to ask lifestyle questions while in the home, suggesting additional products and services to enhance the clients experience. Agents must have strong customer service skills to act as a company representative in the clients home and to act as a consultant in the store.
60% of your time you will:
* Travel with agents and assist them on-site at client location.
* Test products and solutions to ensure customer satisfaction
* Orders, receives and transports parts for appliance diagnosis or parts installation.
* Promptly complete all administrative and/or work order related tasks.
30% of your time you will:
* Travels via company-owned vehicle to worksite to complete delivery/install/ repair
* Consult with customer to ensure expectations match their needs/wants.
* Use Geek Squad solution selling model to diagnose and recommend appropriate product, service and content solutions.
* Communicate and educate customers on the proper and optimal use and care of their new products and solutions.
10% of your time you will:
* Maintain skills required to perform basic consumer electronic integration and appliance work.
* Actively seek opportunities to increase skills through training and on-the-job opportunities to leverage them.
What are the Professional Requirements of a Geek Squad Cadet?
* High school diploma or equivalent
* 3 months experience in consumer electronics and/or appliance delivery, integration, network and/or repair
* 3 months job related experience with in-home customer contact
* 21 years of age or more
* Current valid driver’s license and a clear driving record
* Lift or maneuver 75 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation and team lift up to 150 pounds
* 6 months retail experience
* 2 year associate degree or higher
* Low-voltage license
* Trade License
* 1 year of professional trade experience