What does a Geek Squad Autotech Car Installer, Basic MECP Certification do?
Do all things technology fire you up? Can you swap a motherboard or hook up a home theater system blindfolded? Does the thought of installing an LCD in an SUV, and getting paid for it, make you salivate? If you answered yes to any of these questions, congratulations, your dream career might be waiting for you at Geek Squad. We invite you to join our illustrious ranks.
A Geek Squad Autotech Car Installer follows established schedules and procedures for installing mobile electronics, including but not limited to: car stereo components, speakers, amplifiers, portable audio/GPS devices and accessories into motorized vehicles. They also provide technical advice and assistance to customers. They must also hold and maintain a basic level of MECP certification prior to working in an Autotech bay.
80% of your time you will:
* Install mobile electronic components according to store guidelines and procedures.
* Engage customers using selling skills to build solutions based on their needs and best business results.
20% of your time you will:
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Engage with sales team, explaining services and technology to help them achieve business group goals.
* Perform administrative functions for the Autotech Bay including managing client communication.
What are the Professional Requirements of a Geek Squad Autotech Car Installer, Basic MECP Certification?
* Achieve and maintain MECP Basic Certification
* Meet state specific Motor Vehicle Record requirement (current/valid drivers license and a clear driving record)
* Retail experience
* Prior experience with installing mobile electronics
* MECP Advanced or Master Certification