PSI, an Intertek Company, has an immediate need for a CEI Inspector in our Hudson office.
* CTQP and MOT certifications are preferable but not mandatory.
* Assist overall project preconstruction meeting.
* Monitor, inspect, photograph, and document the daily construction activities. The goal of the Construction Representative will be to confirm and document construction compliance with the approved plans and specifications regarding project construction.
* Maintain complete and accurate project records of all observed activities relating to the project, including preparing daily reports and review of line item summaries as needed.
* Provide general information for weekly status progress reports.
* Maintain records of all testing and determine acceptability of materials and completed work.
* Review and provide comments/recommendations concerning the results of materials tests and observations performed by the project Quality Control Consultant.
* Review the contractors monthly pay estimate, schedule update, and as-built plans and make general recommendation for payment and/or acceptance to the County Project Manager.
* Assist in the contractors interpretation of the project documents. Summarize problems that arise on the project to the Countys Project Manager, including changes to the plans and proposals submitted by the contractor. Make general recommendations and/or comments to the Countys project manager.
* Coordinate with the scheduling Construction Material Testing services to have sampling and testing completed to verify the Contract adheres to the construction quality guidelines.
* Review all Applications for Payment and accompanying documentation to determine compliance with Contract Documents. Review, recommend and assist in negotiation of final contract modification, if required, reflecting approved adjustments to contract cost and time not previously made by other contract modifications. Provide written recommendation with respect to project final Application for Payment acceptance.
PSI is a Drug-Free Workplace. As a condition of employment, new hires and rehires are required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test and drivers license evaluation. Following proper safety guidelines is part of what makes PSIs operation successful and you will be expected to follow PSIs established safety policies and procedures.
PSI offers a competitive wage and an excellent benefits package.
Please apply via this link:
PSI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer