Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Port Hudson facility in Zachary, LA is currently hiring Production Workers to join our manufacturing team. The Production Worker is an entry level role that creates value by learning multiple positions within the plant by providing backup assistance and relief to teammates. Employees that demonstrate initiative and the desire to learn new skills are highly valued at Georgia-Pacific. Successful employees will have the opportunity to advance.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Operating equipment to defined standards and product specification targets
* Adhering to all safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
* Inspecting product to ensure quality measures are met
* Maintaining cleanliness of work area throughout shift
What You Will Need:
* High School Diploma or GED
* Experience in a mechanical, manufacturing, industrial, farm/ranch, construction, warehouse or military environment
* Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
* Willing and able to work twelve (12) hour rotating shifts that include weekends, holidays and overtime
* Willing and able to work in a hot, cold, dusty and noisy industrial environment
* Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
* Willing and able to work around dust, chemicals, and other substances
What Will Put You Ahead?
* One (1) year or more of experience working in a manufacturing, industrial, construction, or warehouse environment
* Experience operating material handling equipment, e.g.: hand trucks, pallet jacks, and/or forklifts
* Experience working shift work
Why Work For GP?
* A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
* Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
* Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
* Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
* Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
* Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Our Port Hudson facility is one of our largest facilities. This mill manufactures Brawny® paper towels, Quilted Northern® bath tissue and paper used in printing and laser and ink-jet printers. The employees at this facility combine a dedication to safety and a commitment to the environment to produce high quality products for our customers. To learn more about our products please visit: http://www.brawny.com and http://www.quiltednorthern.com.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube