The Merchandise Processor position exists to ensure effective movement and management of inventory between the dock, sales floor, product repair, customer pickup and delivery. This role ensures the proper evaluation and shipping of merchandise and managing inventory flow. The Merchandise Processor is also responsible for the Product Repair process which includes checking in and creating service orders for customers dropping of merchandise to be repaired. The Merchandise Processor is also responsible to unload trailers (Receiving). Individual contributor within a designated unit.
* Fills order requests, stage merchandise and load for timely shipments (Shipping).
* Evaluates products and moves to designated zones for processing (Receiving)
* Moves merchandise between dock, stockroom staging area, sales floor, customer pick-up or delivery, and removal of ’sold‘ merchandise from sales floor
* Audits and maintains accuracy of HFM (Hold for Merchandise) staging area
* Responsible for the deluxing and assembling merchandise
* Assists customers with product repair drop offs including creating Service Orders
* Assembles and disassembles fixtures for seasonal flexes or floor plan changes
* Processes receipts and ensures inventories are controlled, monitored and logged
* Creates required documentation to log all shipments and deliveries to customers
* Ensures customer service through timely, attentive and friendly service during all customer pick-ups and inquiries
* Reports and responds to Store Management about unsafe and/or unethical conditions
* Develops „team“ environment with the sales floor, providing timely movement of merchandise setting floor to presentation standards
* Protects Company assets by following company policies and direction for customer pick-up procedures
* Performs daily housekeeping, including cleaning and straightening, etc.
* Miscellaneous duties as required, including as extra sales help as needed once cross trained
* Moves merchandise between dock, sales floor, customer pick-up or delivery and removal of ’sold‘ merchandise from sales floor in a timely manner
* Maintains safe/clean receiving area
* Assists customers by delivering items to their car, assisting them in loading and securing of merchandise
* Must be able to lift and move at least seventy (70) pounds in weight to maintain flow and replenishment of merchandise.
See job description