What does a Team Leader do?
The Team Leader ensures Best Buy delivers a world-class customer experience as THE destination and authority for technology products and services. You will play a vital role in developing our Sales Consultants by providing the product knowledge and coaching they need to be fully trained, valued and empowered to WOW their customers.
You will support the direction of the Assistant Store Manager – Sales/Specialty Sales Manager in driving execution of sales strategies to elevate department sales performance and create sustaining positive customer and employee experiences.
As the Team Leader you will:
* Engage customers using selling skills to build complete, connected solutions while maintaining a balance of high velocity and high service.
* Model sales behavior and coach the Sales Consultants to ensure a high level of job proficiency.
* Support sales strategies in partnership with the Sales Manager to achieve operating results, growth objectives, and overall financial performance goals.
* Provide input to Sales Manager on employee performance and development needs.
What are the Professional Requirements of a Team Leader?
* High school diploma or equivalent
* 1 year sales or customer service experience or related field
* Prior experience with coaching and providing feedback to others
* 1 year leadership/ supervisory experience (including providing daily work direction, scheduling of tasks, and performance management)
* 6 months experience selling complete solutions in a retail environment
* Experience providing sales training and mentorship to other team members