Through guidance provided by the Laboratory Supervisor, and in a safe, legal and ethical manner, the Courier Clerk is to attend to the process of transporting parcels including samples for the company and its clients and to maintain associated records, thus supporting the goal of providing a service to our clients that is accurate, timely and cost effective.
General Description of Responsibility
· Individual will drive a vehicle for most of the shift.
· To transport samples and other requested materials according to established transport processes.
· To operate the vehicle in a safe and legal manner. Any violations issued by law enforcement personnel will be the responsibility of the driver.
· To maintain all appropriate records associated with the transport of samples and materials.
· To maintain records of vehicle use and maintenance and inform their departmental supervisor when service or maintenance is needed.
· To maintain their assigned area, files, supplies and equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
· To perform any other reasonable duties as may be assigned by their departmental supervisor.
· To carry out all of the above responsibilities in a supportive manner with adherence to the Companys Safety Policy and Procedures, Quality Management System, Ethics Policy, Environmental Management System, Vision Strategy, and to exercise good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy.
· Must be capable of performing the following activities for the given durations (Hours will not total 8 as some physical requirements can be performed concurrently).
· Individual will stand and walk for most of the shift.
· Repetitive motion, lifting, moving and carrying will be required and extensive
· Vision quality needs to meet criteria to maintain a valid drivers license.
· Good verbal communication skills.
· Good physical condition.
· Excellent driving record.
· Protocol, procedure and safety oriented.
· Organized with time management skills
· Experience in handling chemical and petroleum products, including Hazwhopper training. Manager can alter physical requirements based on local requirements and after consulting with the Safety, Health and Environmental Manager.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Intertek offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market. We promote a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, 401(k) with company match, paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.