* Represent Central Purchasing in a professional and ethical manner, in accordance with company policies, procedures, and department culture statement.
* Embrace Company’s core values of FAIRNESS and CARING, TRUST and RESPECT, GENEROUS LISTENING, and STRAIGHT TALK
* Be courteous and friendly; building long-lasting, loyal customer and vendor relationships
* Work effectively as a team member
The Buyer is responsible for procuring merchandise in the wholesale plumbing and industrial supply segments, maximizing inventory performance, and supporting partnership alignment with diverse vendor matrix. Buyer will work closely with branches, manufacturers, vendors, and Rep Agencies to assure material arrives at right cost, right quantity, and right time. Buyer will champion our department culture.
* Effectively analyze and work the Suggested PO Report Queue daily to create vendor Purchase Orders to maintain the right product mix, optimum shelf quantities, and satisfy projected product sales.
* Partner closely with expediting and pricing teammates to ensure Purchase Order discrepancies such as back-orders, pricing, specials, etc. are identified and resolved.
* Partner closely with the data team for accuracy in buy package quantities, manual controls, and training for procure group maintenance and buy line maintenance.
* Meet or exceed Branch annual inventory turns of five and service level target of 98.5%.
* With Team Leader negotiate regional special purchase circumstances (terms, discounts, unusually large buys, promotions, etc.) and maintain successful relationships with Vendors.
* Travel to Branches for occasional site visits.
* Perform one annual inventory (two if requested).
* Perform routine analysis of buylines for optimal performance.
* Work to reduce devalued inventory.
* Improve profitable purchasing strategies, i.e. consolidation of lines and vendors, private label switch.
* Annual purchase comparison (minimum yearly) – pricing comparison, alternate source comparison, direct vs. master comparison, devalued analysis.
* Work AP/PO report to resolve problems with pricing and quantity variances.
* Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required.
Education, Training, Experience
* College degree (business, supply chain) preferred or equivalent relevant experience (purchasing and inventory control)
* Plumbing and Industrial product knowledge beneficial
* Epicor systems training desired (e.g. Eclipse or Profit 21)
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Ability to build and maintain a positive work relationship with customers, vendors, and teammates.
* Flexibility to adapt quickly to change.
* Ability to research, analyze data and solve problems.
* Ability to prioritize work projects and multi-task.
* Read, write, speak, and understand English.
* Add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.