TrinityRail Maintenance Services is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of Welder – 3 in our Vidor, TX railcar repair facility! We welcome your ideas and your outstanding work ethic. Join our team today and be a part of Helping to Build America.
In this role, the Welder 3 will: Use jigs/holding fixtures to lay out pieces to be welded according to blueprints, layouts, schematics or work orders and use manual/semi-automatic/automatic welding equipment to join, surface, fabricate and repair parts of metal or other weldable materials. Inspect completed work for conformance to specifications and performs minor maintenance to equipment. Apply appropriate welding processes to join, surface, fabricate and repair parts of metal or other weldable materials according to layouts, work orders, blueprints, schematics and sketches using manual, automatic welding and/or semi-automatic welding equipment. May position pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools. May inspect completed work for conformance to specifications. Observe all standard safety practices and maintains and completes all required records. Follow all safety rules and practices. May be involved in safety committees or initiatives. Perform other duties as assigned.
* May be used for employees who have full knowledge of the job duties and can operate a broad range of machines, tools, equipment etc.
* Work is somewhat complex
* Requires little or no help from supervisors or others to complete assigned tasks
* Requires instruction only on new assignments
* Complete understanding of the job, company policies and processes
* Applies extensive experience, knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks
* May operate specialized equipment and/or understand complex drawings and diagrams
* May have completed an apprenticeship and/or formal training
* Maintains technical certificates as required
* Work requires planning and judgment
* Determines and develops approaches to solve a broad range of complex problems
* May serve as a problem-solving resource to others
* Able to read and interpret blueprints
* Stick, MIG, and Flux-Core Welding
* Qualified to both AAR and AWS welding codes in Stick, FCAW (Flux Core) and the GMAW (MIG) welding processes
* Able to effectively use the CAC-A (Air carbon arc gouging ) as well as Oxy-fuel torch and Plasma arc torch for thermal cutting operations
* Able to work for extended periods of time in confined spaces or above ground level (must be comfortable with heights 20 ft and above)
* 2 – 5+ years of related welding experience with MIG/FCAW
* Must be competent with the use of basic hand tools including a tape measure
* Must pass our level 3 assessment
* Previous experience working above ground level and in confined work spaces is beneficial
* Must have good communication skills
* Must be a team player
Please include any certifications, training or relevant experience and complete details of your work history on your application.
Why Join Trinity? Trinity welcomes diversity in the workplace; bring your new ideas to our premier team. Trinity offers a comprehensive benefits program. Eligible employees are offered Trinity’s standard company benefits package including paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and paid holidays; as well as, 401(k) with match and additional retirement contributions, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance. We believe in family, and you will enjoy a great work life balance and be given the opportunity to join Trinity in giving back to our community by participating in our charity events.
What legacy will you build? Visit us on TrinityCareers.com and connect with us on social media: Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. #work4Trinity
1st Class Welder
Job Location Vidor, Texas, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular