Intertek is a leading quality solutions provider to industries worldwide. From auditing and inspection, to testing, training, advisory, quality assurance and certification, Intertek adds value for its customers by helping improve the quality and safety of their products, assets and processes. With a network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 36,000 people in more than 100 countries, Intertek supports companies success in the global marketplace, by helping customers to meet end users expectations for safety, sustainability, performance, integrity and desirability in virtually any market worldwide.
Intertek’s Transportation Technologies business serves a number of consumer and commercial manufacturing industries, including: automotive, electric vehicles, rail, aerospace, marine and construction. Our global network of testing laboratories provides diverse, rapid testing and validation services to the transportation market, which includes everything from traditional cars and light duty trucks, commercial vehicles, airplanes, military ground transport vehicles, trains, marine vessels, motorcycles, lawn equipment, and more. We evaluate to industry standards and international regulations, and deliver top-tier testing for new and emerging markets such as electric/hybrid vehicles, charging components, automotive telematics, and aftermarket components.
The opportunity has arisen for a Temporary EMC/EMI Technician to join this global organization which respects diverse perspectives, experiences and traditions as essential and values each employees contribution toward achieving our business objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for performing EMC/EMI testing and evaluation on a variety of products and for preparing technical reports. This position works under general supervision.
This position reports to a Department Manager
EXAMPLES OF WORK
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to
be complete or exclusive.
* Setting up EMC/EMI test setups and equipment
* Operating EMC/EMI equipment and executing testing
* Obtaining and recording test data in accordance with standards
* Analyzing test data and performing calculations
* May prepare technical reports
* May extract and compile engineering data
* May prepare project files for compliance with operating procedures
* May communicate with clients and management
* May provide training and work instructions to lower level technicians
* May oversee the work of lower level technicians
* May provide support to sales or other departments as required
* Performing other work as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or equivalent
* 5-7 years directly related experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
* Ability to utilize EMC / EMI equipment, hand tool and basic electrical skills.
* Ability to review, understand, and convey technical information in an effective
* Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong communication skills, in both verbal and written formats
* Microsoft Office software expertise, including Word, Excel and Outlook
This position outline is a general guideline and does not represent all encompassing details. The position assumes that the incumbent has both the mental and physical requirements to carry out the above defined duties.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.