1. General Summary:
Plan, develop, implement quality systems to ensure Prototype parts meet or exceed customer expectations for each milestone.
Investigate, analyze, contain, and correct quality problems related to supplier and final customer products in a pre-production setting.
This position may also perform audits and implement new strategies to improve the overall Prototype Quality.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Serve as liaison between Prototype and its customer/suppliers providing quality related technical assistance in the investigation, containment, and resolution of quality problems.
2. Create, update, and maintain Quality Documentation, Customer Quality Reports, Internal Work Procedures, and Information relating to Quality Concerns.
3. Work with internal departments such as PE to track and understanding delivery timing of equipment needed for Prototype builds. (i.e., Jigs, Presses, special tooling, etc…)
4. Coordinate each phase of the quality control/assurance activity of new programs to ensure product quality, schedules, and time frames meet customer requirements.
5. Work with the Manufacturing department in Prototype to initiate effective investigations and countermeasure activities to prevent further outflow in-house and to customer.
6. Manage and maintain quality assurance documents including quality assurance plan, tool progress reports, evaluation plan, function sheets, supplier and customer quality standards, Supplier Quality Assurance Manual (SQAM), etc.
7. Support and assist with planning, development, and implementation of quality systems and activities with Prototype sourced suppliers to ensure supplier parts meet or exceed plant and customer expectations.
8. Complete miscellaneous reporting, administrative, and other quality related functions for the Quailty department as required including QC Circle participation, Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, quality training, and CV document preparation.
9. Travel when necessary to Customer and Supplier locations to support Pre-Production builds, run-offs, and tool confirmations.
* Bachelors degree in Business, Manufacturing, Engineering, or related field required; or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
* Additional trade education and Quality certifications are preferred.
* 1 to 3 years of experience in Quality Control in a manufacturing facility or related field.
* Quality Control program launch experience for new programs.
* Experience with Toyota launch systems and requirements preferred.
* Welding experience for arc, spot, and projection welding is a plus
* Injection Plastics and urethane process experience are a plus
* Previous exposure to a multicultural office environment preferred.
* Working knowledge of quality audit techniques.
* Basic ship math ability required (i.e., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
* Ability to read, interpret, and understand engineering documents such as automotive drawings (component, assembly, and equipment), technical standards, design specifications, general tolerances, critical characteristics, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), Engineering Change Instructions (ECI), Prototype Parts Request (PPR), and color Instructions.
* General understanding and working knowledge of product design specifications, functions, and quality standards of finished product as well as parts/material used.
* Thorough understanding and working knowledge of automotive plants, processes, company products, trade terminology, quality management and control systems and techniques, manufacturing processes, tooling and equipment, and machine operation.
* Good understanding of seat, welding, door, carpet, and headliner, processes are a plus.
* Good Presentation Skills
* Effective time management skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to maintain records, files, and prepare recaps and reports.
* Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization.
* Must be able to work a fixed or flexible schedule, including daily or weekend overtime
* Ability to multitask, manages diversity, and facilitates effective problem solving and resolution.
* Strong Verbal and written communication skills in English required
* Japanese is a plus
* Microsoft Office, Email, Create mathematical, logical and reference formulas in Microsoft Excel, Must be able to manipulate large amounts of data in Microsoft Excel, multitask.
Oracle and / or similar MRP system
Open Office Environment, moderate noise level
Standard Automotive Prototype environment with moderate noise level.
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses, steel toes shoes, hearing protection, etc. may be required in engineering, manufacturing, or industrial area.
Personal attire standards may apply.
Must be willing to travel up to 25% of time to TBA, Supplier, and Customer Plants.
Travel with short notice often required.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, see, and hear.
The team member must be capable of walking, sitting, and standing and is occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to identify the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification, as well as certain essential job functions. It is not intended, and should not be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. To qualify for this job, however, a team member must be able to perform its essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Under no circumstances may this job description be construed as altering the at-will nature of the employment relationship between TBA and any team member.