Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for leading multidisciplinary design teams for water, wastewater, and/or stormwater projects for the Infrastructure Group in Tetra Techs Boston/Marlborough, MA office. Typical municipal projects would include collection and conveyance systems, pump stations, storage and treatment facilities, distribution systems, and rehabilitation. The successful candidate will have experience with permitting, hydraulic design, water distribution and treatment, wastewater collection and treatment, and construction administration. The ideal candidate must have a comprehensive understanding of the design delivery process, as well as 10+ years of experience with water, wastewater, and stormwater management projects.
* Act as the primary point of contact for major municipal clients in the Boston/Marlborough, MA area
* Market existing and potential clients and assist in the preparation of proposals
* Grow existing and new relationships with infrastructure clients
* Prepare and manage project budgets utilizing Tetra Tech’s Project Management System
* Effectively lead multidisciplinary project teams
* Lead the planning, evaluation and selection of preferred alternatives
* Perform conceptual and detailed design calculations and analyses
* Prepare detailed engineering reports and supporting documents
* Prepare construction drawings, specifications and cost estimates
* Provide construction support services including meetings, site visits
* Ensure standard engineering practices and inclusion of appropriate documentation on various reports and design projects
* Participate in professional engineering organizations
* Evaluate alternatives, resolve technical issues and interface with other engineering disciplines
* Perform engineering interpretation of specifications and drawings, recommending and documenting design modifications, and coordinating with the design team
* Resolve questions, plan, coordinate, and execute work in a safe, timely, cost effective and compliant manner
* Minimum 10 years of experience with increasing responsibility in the municipal utility design engineering market
* Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Massachusetts
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience delivering technical and business presentations
* Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate and direct development of large projects and pursuits with complex features
* Proven track record of successfully bringing in and executing profitable assignments for clients and building key target client accounts
* Ability to properly scope out new business
* Proven track record of successfully managing projects and delivering on time and within budget, while meeting or exceeding client expectations
* An understanding of future industry trends, strategic planning processes, and demonstrated success translating those to effective tactics.
* Ability to motivate others and lead teams to implement plans for projects and client pursuits
* Ability to oversee preparation of key proposals and deliverables
* Proven ability to collaborate with others on pursuits for new work and project delivery
For more information on our company, please visit our website at http://www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at http://www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability – No calls or agencies