Oldcastle Precast is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more.
With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Precast is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
Oldcastle is looking for a Plant Manager-In-Training to join our Precast team.
Candidate will work on the Operation Excellence team for 12~18 months honing and sharpening his / her skills to become a Plant Manager of an Oldcastle Precast facility. Candidate must be willing to travel extensively and willing to relocate to eventual job opening. Candidate will receive training in all aspects of Plant Managerial responsibilities including safety, quality, housekeeping, productivity, maintenance, 5S, performance management, production, scheduling, IS tools, purchasing, transportation and leadership.
Candidate will become a productive member of the Operational Excellence team implementing business priorities by:
* Providing training and applying operational excellence tools.
* Monitoring production efficiencies and make recommendations for improvement.
* Working with locations on the design and analysis of new equipment purchases / upgrades and infrastructure improvements.
* Developing and implementing new technology in the production management process.
* Sharing of best practices.
* Bachelors Degree in Construction, Engineering, Management or related field preferred.
* Minimum of 1 year manufacturing experience (education may be substituted in lieu of experience).
* Must have the ability to relocate upon completion of program.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, employees and managers.
* Ability to plan and successfully implement programs through the direction of others.
* Good general computer skills.
* Previous experience in precast concrete manufacturing is ideal.
* Proficient in project management systems and software is helpful.
* Familiarity with the scheduling of manufacturing including use of scheduling software.
What Oldcastle Offers You
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations.
We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family.
Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If youre up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on
WordPress (Career Blog) and
Oldcastle Precast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Precast is part of the