DRS Technologies, Inc.
DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of
Leonardo which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at http://www.drs.com.
DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) is primarily located in Dallas, Texas and Melbourne, Florida.
We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms.
We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Developing Talent and Culture at a World Class Company!
As a Product & Test Engineering Technician, the successful candidate will support infrared sensor test and development activities with complex engineering duties and/or hands-on tasks relating to the installation, maintenance, characterization, and repair of various types of infrared products.
With product responsibility, the successful candidate will conduct tests, troubleshoot problems, analyze data, recommend product improvements, complete product validations, and maintain documentation, all with the goal of developing the best infrared sensor technology in the industry.
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
* U.S. Citizenship is required
* High School with 1+ years of experience (or equivalent training and experience)
* Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
* Experienced user of MS Office suite to include Word and Excel
* Must currently possess or be able to obtain a security clearance
Desired Qualifications and Skills
* Highly skilled data collection, test and troubleshooting ability
* Solder certified for through hole and surface mount technology
* Build and test prototype circuits and test fixtures
* Modify and repair PCBs
* Compose test procedures and specifications for internal equipment
* Experienced user of lab test equipment: Oscilloscope, function generator, multimeter, DC power supply
Duties and Responsibilities
* Perform testing of infrared sensors consistent with industry standards as well as novel measurement techniques.
* Follow test procedures and protocols to assess product reliability and evaluate the ability of products to meet performance standards and specifications. Debug test hardware and software.
* Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test methods
* Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions in existing products or systems and make modifications as needed.
* Assist in design, build and/or procurement of new or improved machines, tools, fixtures and material handling equipment.
* Devise, fabricate, and assemble new or modified electrical, mechanical, and/or optical components or assemblies for products
* Provide and develop documentation to maintain equipment
* Provide hands-on feedback to engineers, scientists, and product managers
* Other duties as assigned
* Ability to lift 25 lbs. less than 5% per week or up to 20% per year
* Candidate will work in an Engineering Test Laboratory
* No travel planned for this position
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #C4ISR