Trinity’s vision is to be a premier, diversified industrial company that owns market-leading businesses which provide superior products and services to customers while generating high-quality earnings and returns for shareholders.
Trinity Shoring Products is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of Saw Operator in our Union City, MI plant! We welcome your ideas and your outstanding work ethic.
2nd Shift: Monday – Friday, 4:00pm – 12:30am
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Sets up and operates machines; may utilize blueprints, makes adjustments for materials used, verifies dimensional requirements and transfers materials to storage areas.
* Position specialist works with unconventional materials and requires specialized skills.
* Sets up and operates production machines to cut, bend, straighten, or form parts as specified by blueprints, lay up sequence and/or templates.
* May set and/or make sand cores.
* May read blueprints, adjusts for thickness and shape of materials and makes appropriate settings.
* Loads material for processing.
* Verifies dimensional requirements, unloads and may transfer materials to storage areas using overhead cranes or forklift.
* Follows all safety rules and practices.
* May be involved in safety committees or initiatives.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* May be used for the new hire or trainee who has no experience
* Requires basic skill, routine tasks and very little training
* Works on routine manufacturing assignments that have clear goals and standard procedures
* Receives detailed instructions and close supervision
* Learns job skills, company policies and processes to do routine tasks
* Limited or no technical knowledge required
* Ability to follow verbal or simple written instructions and procedures
* May need to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty
* Uses standard approaches
* Problems are not very complex and do not need a lot of judgment
* Allows higher levels to handle more complex issues
* Serves as a team member
* Reads simple blueprints
* Operates beveler, grinding, deburring tools
* Assists qualified operators
* Typically has 0-1 years of related experience
Why Join Trinity? Trinity welcomes diversity in the workplace; bring your new ideas to our premier team. Trinity offers a comprehensive benefits program. Eligible employees are offered Trinity’s standard company benefits package including paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and paid holidays; as well as, 401(k) with match and additional retirement contributions, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance. We believe in family, and you will enjoy a great work life balance and be given the opportunity to join Trinity in giving back to our community by participating in our charity events.
Learn more about Trinity at TrinityCareers.com and connect with us on Social Media – Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn!
Job Location Union City, Michigan, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular