POSITION TITLE: NUTRITION AIDE
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction and supervision of the Nutrition Services Manager, the Nutrition Assistant provides administrative and project coordination support to the Nutrition Services Department. He/she applies professional skills, knowledge and judgment to perform a broad range of administrative duties
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist Nutrition Services Manager and Lead Cooks with internal and external communications (e.g. meal changes, receive meal counts; screen telephone calls; manage dietary lists, forms and graphs; research, organize and document various information)
2. Assist Nutrition Services Manager with certain daily operation duties including receiving inventory, ordering, monitoring, and assisting with implementation of quality improvement plans.
3. Provide administrative support and project coordination for various department initiatives, plans and proposals as assigned by the Nutrition Services Manager.
4. Assist with select duties in the absence of the Administrative Assistant.
5. Maintain administrative files and other related records. 6. Other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities)
1. High school graduate or general education diploma (GED) required.
2. Minimum of one year of related experience preferred
3. Computer proficient in MS Office Suite and using the Internet required
4. Good judgment, ability to work under pressure. Demonstrates leadership abilities, creativity and flexibility.
5. Strong organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks
6. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed. They are not considered as an exhaustive list of all job tasks perform