****This position is Nights, 11pm to 7:30am****
Performs laboratory tests for clinical diagnosis while adhering to guidelines of licensing and regulatory agencies. Works under the supervision of the Section Chief, the direction of the Chief of Pathology and Clinical Laboratories and the Director of Operations.
Minimum Job Requirements
* Florida State License is required. Also meets Florida State requirements for licensure and for continuing education for license renewal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Complies with hospital and laboratory safety regulations.
* Complies with required continuing education requirements.
* Maintains cleanliness of equipment and area.
* Maintains positive interpersonal communication with physicians/patients/clients/staff.
* Monitors inventory and assures that supplies are adequate.
* Participates in teaching laboratory procedures and policies to students and staff.
* Performs and reports laboratory tests accurately in required time.
* Performs quality control/quality improvement processes and maintains required records.
* Performs scheduled preventative maintenance and calibrations on instruments and equipment.
* Recognizes and reports critical values to appropriate patient care personnel.
* Supervises technical and non-technical staff when assigned.
* Ability to communicate promptly, clearly and courteously, both verbally and writing, in English with all hospital co-workers and customers.
* Ability to interpret and analyze information to perform laboratory procedures.
* Ability to use computer to enter and access patient data.
* Able to accurately relay patient test results to appropriate person.
* Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree preferred.
* Knowledge of and ability to perform laboratory techniques and use laboratory instruments.
* Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information and adheres to HIPPA guidelines.
* Able to work cooperatively and constructively with physicians, patients, families and co-workers.
* National Certification is preferred.
* Ability to problem solve to adapt standard clinical procedures to the individual client’s need.
* Ability to interpret, adapt and react calmly under stressful conditions.