Who are we? Watch to find out!
Koch Pipeline Company, L.P. (KPL) is seeking an Automation/Electrical Engineer in Wichita, KS. A successful candidate for this role will be able to apply their engineering skills in a team environment to further advance our remote pipeline operating capability. While making tactical long term investment and strategy decisions impacting the entire organization, successful candidates will have the opportunity for both technical and leadership growth.
As an Automation/Electrical Engineer for KPL you will be responsible for working closely with other engineering groups to support remote pipeline operations, projects, and business initiatives.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Identifying opportunities for applying our power and control engineering capability in new ways that will add long-term economic value to our business and operations groups
* Supporting pipeline operations by providing automation design, equipment specifications, PLC logic development, training and commissioning
* Managing power and control systems projects define scope of work, develop estimates and project schedules, manage implementation planning and mitigate risks
* Providing effective engineered solutions through controlled software development and maintenance
* Managing the technology support needs of business and engineering requirements as they relate to power and control systems and related applications
* Conducting R&D on emerging technologies and identifying opportunities for applying the automation capability to achieve superior results
* Ensuring operational excellence in environmental, safety and all other areas of compliance by understanding and applying compliance standards for pipeline operations
What You Will Need:
* Three+ years of experience in the field of electrical engineering with experience in power and control systems
* Computer skills, specifically the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
* Control programming experience of PLC and programming languages
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision required
* Must have good written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate technical topics to customer, team members and management
* Must have good customer relations skills and the ability to work with all levels of employees
* Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering Technology OR five years of equivalent industry work experience
* Position requires travel of up to 30%
* This position is not approved for employment visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead?
* Five to ten years of experience within the areas of automation, electrical, power and/or control systems
* Experience with electrical and safety standards including the NEC and NFPA 70E
* Experience with application of PLC and programming languages – Modicon PLC, Concept, Unity
* Experience in electrical project management covering electrical design through project commissioning
* Experience with pipeline SCADA systems, equipment and facilities
* Experience with communication infrastructure
* Master Level Degree in Engineering
Want to learn more about KPL?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us KII-LinkedIn KRC-Twitter KRC-Facebook KRC-YouTube