Trinity Expanded Shale & Clay is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of Specialty Operator 2 in our Shepherdsville, KY office! We welcome your ideas and your outstanding work ethic. Join our team today and be a part of Helping to Build America.
In this role you will set up and operate machines; may utilize blueprints, makes adjustments for materials used, verifies dimensional requirements and transfers materials to storage areas. Position specialist works with unconventional materials and requires specialized skills. Sets up and operates machines to cut, bend, straighten, and form using free-form technique to meet product specifications. Works with unconventional types of materials. Making final product requires specialized skill/knowledge of machine and process. Quality with unconventional of final product is influenced operator’s extensive judgment in different aspects of creating the product. Error in judgment can lead to substantial cost. Verifies dimensional requirements, unloads and may transfer materials to storage areas using overhead cranes or forklift. Follows all safety rules and practices. May be involved in safety committees or initiatives. Performs other duties as assigned.
* May be used for employees who have some experience but are still in the „learning“ mode
* Works on semi-routine assignments
* Requires help from supervisors or others to complete new tasks
* Analysis and actions require instruction from higher levels
* Good knowledge of the job, company policies and processes
* Applies job skills to complete semi-routine tasks
* Some understanding of the technical aspects of the job
* Few judgment calls
* Recognizes when it is necessary to stray from standard procedures and consults with higher levels before doing so
* Operates Plate Roll or other specialty equipment
* Proficient in blueprint reading
* May meet Level 1 Welder qualifications
* Proficient at accurate measuring
* Serves as a team member
* Ability to follow verbal or simple written instructions and procedures
* Typically has 1 – 2 years of related experience
Trinity Industries, Inc., headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a diversified industrial company that owns market-leading businesses which provide products and services to the energy, transportation, chemical, and construction sectors. Trinity reports its financial results in five principal business segments: the Rail Group, the Rail car Leasing and Management Services Group, the Inland Barge Group, the Construction Products Group and the Energy Equipment Group. Trinity’s businesses provide industrial products and services ranging from rail cars, barges, storage containers, and aggregates to highway products, structural wind towers, rail car parts, and rail car leasing and management services.
Trinity’s vision is to be a premier, diversified industrial company that owns market-leading businesses which provide superior products and services to customers while generating high-quality earnings and returns for shareholders.
Why Join Trinity? Trinity welcomes diversity in the workplace; bring your new ideas to our premier team. Trinity offers a comprehensive benefits program. Eligible employees are offered Trinity’s standard company benefits package including paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and paid holidays; as well as, 401(k) with match and additional retirement contributions, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance. We believe in family, and you will enjoy a great work life balance and be given the opportunity to join Trinity in giving back to our community by participating in our charity events.
Learn more about Trinity at TrinityCareers.com and connect with us on Social Media – Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn!
Job Location Brooks, Kentucky, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular