Oldcastle Texas is a division of Oldcastle Architectural (APG).
APG is North Americas leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 33 states and 6 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
The Management Development Trainee program starts our recruits on a journey that will yield a rewarding career in the extremely diverse culture of Oldcastle. The trainee starts their training period at one of the locations in Texas. The initial training period usually lasts 12-24 months. Once the trainee’s performance warrants advancement to the next phase of training, they will be reassigned to a business unit for further training or to assume a leadership role. Once the employee reaches this phase, more doors of opportunity may open as the employee continues to evaluate their interests and career goals. There is no such thing as a typical day for our Management Development Trainee. Every day is different and every day brings with it a new set of challenges. They will gain skills in personnel issues, finance, sales, special projects and proposals, as well as the daily operations of the manufacturing facility.
* Trainees will spend time rotating through various departments coupled with training around operations functions to include gaining knowledge of production activities, manufacturing processes, safety and quality programs, business development, customer service and much more.
* Trainees will be assigned an executive mentor to aid in their growth process
* Willingness to relocate to a specified region to receive a permanent assignment
* Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Construction, Engineering or equivalent work or Military experience
* Leadership and/or managerial skills
* Problem solving skills
* Conflict management skills
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Experience within the construction, building materials or related industry
What Oldcastle Offers You
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North Americas largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If youre up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on
WordPress (Career Blog) and
Oldcastle Texas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Texas is part of the