The Leak Repair Technician performs basic and advanced on-line leak-sealing repairs using various techniques and equipment. The Leak Repair Technician also assists the Field Supervisor with record keeping and data entry concerning repair information.
The Leak Sealing Technician reports directly to a Field Supervisor at an assigned customer site. However, the Leak Sealing Technician works closely with management to maintain customer requirements and satisfaction while ensuring that the company’s goals and standards are met. He/She must use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to develop effective partnerships to meet mutual goals and objectives, demonstrating a strong ability to analyze data, evaluate situations and identify problems or opportunities, including likely causes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs basic on-line repairs including drill and taps, adjusting, packings, bonnets, flanges, thread leaks and connectors.
2. Assists with advanced repairs such as fabrication, measuring and installation, valve repacking, etc.
3. Assists in recording repair information for on-site programs.
4. Obtains the proper work permits to perform work in operating areas.
5. Completes daily work sheets in an accurate and timely manner.
6. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and six (6) months leak-sealing, pipe fitting or valve repair one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have:
1. Basic PC skills with particular emphasis on MS Office Suite (Word, Excel).
Other Skills and Abilities
1. Strong communication (written, verbal and listening) and interpersonal skills.
2. Demonstrates initiative, planning work and carrying out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance and undertakes additional responsibilities.
3. Ability to analyze data, evaluate situations and identify problems or opportunities, including likely causes. Ability to develop factual, logical courses of action, considering resources, constraints and company values.
4. Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize work to meet assigned deadlines.
5. Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers‘ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
6. Ability to adapt quickly to change and be open to considering new approaches to solving problems and work processes.
7. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
8. Strong commitment to continuous self-improvement.
9. Must be team oriented with a commitment to working effectively with the Operations group or those outside formal lines of authority to accomplish both organizational and customer goals.
1. Safety-oriented attitude with a true commitment to personal safety, as well as the safety of others is a must.
2. Must be willing/able to don respiratory protection equipment for extended periods of time.
3. Ability to read and use measuring equipment. (e.g., steel tape, verniers, and calipers).
4. Must be reliable/dependable with reliable transportation.
5. Ability to climb and work at heights up to 300ft.
6. Extensive walking required.
7. Must be willing/able to work at moderate to high levels of physical exertion for extended periods.
8. Must be willing/able to work in inclement weather conditions (extreme heat/cold).
9. Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends when necessary.
10. Mechanical aptitude and problem solving abilities a plus.
11. Prior experience in chemical plants or refineries is helpful, but not necessary.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand or walk. They will need to use their hands and fingers to handle or feel and to reach with hands and arms. They will need to use their senses to see, feel, hear, taste and smell. The employee is frequently required to climb/work at heights of up to 300ft. and/or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee could be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The employee may frequently be exposed to high, precarious locations such as towers (up to 300ft.). They may be required to work in extreme cold and extreme heat and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. Their work may involve risks to hazards such as: working around moving mechanical parts; risk of electrical shock; explosives and vibration. The noise level in the work environment may exceed 85dB and will require the use of hearing protection.
May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis. ,