Oldcastle Lawn & Garden, a division of Oldcastle, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities.
We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
This position requires operating a forklift in a rugged 50+ acre outdoor, paved and unpaved environment.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, covered and uncovered manufacturing facility.
* Operate stretch wrap machines, film roll up-enders, and extended boom arm forklift equipment
* Organize product on the yard according to inventory procedures
* Safely load product onto and unload product from flat beds and box trailers
* Validate packing slips, ship tickets, and other delivery documentation by auditing, recording and interpreting shipping documentation, weights & measures, labels and production schedules
* 2 years experience operating 5,000 lb forklift in an outdoor yard environment
* High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
* Ability to perform routine inspection, fueling & preventive maintenance duties (lubrication, cleaning, battery change)
* Ability to read and write in English
* Math, communication, and comprehension skills to interface with transportation, dispatch, & direct trailer hitch operations
* Ability to successfully pass internal Forklift Certification Training and demonstrate safety procedures.
* Able to perform job tasks in sometimes dusty, hot and/or cold working conditions
What Oldcastle Offers You
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North Americas largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If youre up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on
WordPress (Career Blog) and
Lawn and Garden is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Lawn and Garden is part of the