D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries.
Please visit our website at http://www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Junior Underwriter for their Underwriting Department. The Junior Underwriter is primarily responsible for underwriting appraisals and clearing loan conditions on files that have been previously reviewed by an Underwriter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Process daily loans for underwriting that have been assigned by the Underwriting Manager, Assistant Underwriting Manager or Team Lead
* Prioritize files in order to meet department turn times
* Train to underwrite appraisals and clear conditions on files that have been previously reviewed by an Underwriter
* Possess strong organizational skills and be able to multi-task effectively
* Monitor deadlines identified by Underwriting Managers for actions necessary when conditions exist
* Clear the conditions and approvals indicated by the Underwriter based on their level of authority
* Initiate phone calls with Loan Processors or Mortgage Loan Originators to discuss loan files and conditions
* Maintain frequent contact with the Processors, LOs and Branch Managers, must possess strong written and verbal skills in order to effectively communicate
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
FHA Direct Endorsement.
Individual must have a valid and current Mortgage Loan Originator License as required per state regulations.
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America’s Builder.
Come follow our newest Open Jobs on Twitter and like us on