XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world’s most successful companies, including Boeing, Home Depot, Ikea, L’Oréal and many others. We’re growing worldwide. And we’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our customers require. If you’re ready to give us your best, let’s talk. We’d like to invest in you. (NYSE: XPO)
A Freight Operations Supervisor supervises a staff of employees during various inbound, city, and/or outbound freight operations. Ensure production goals are met by managing tonnage, payroll and other administrative functions.
* Available to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends.
* Effectively manage the inbound/outbound processing of various freight.
* Consistently meet or exceed productivity goals.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally.
* Supervise and manage personnel operations to ensure efficient loading, unloading, and processing of customer shipments.
* Supervise and plan hourly employee schedules to meet daily operations goals.
* Enforce all company, FMCSR, OSHA and DOT policies, rules, regulations and laws as required.
* Ensure customer’s freight is delivered and picked-up timely and damage free.
* Coach, train and develop employees consistent with company policy.
* Standing and walking on non-climate controlled loading dock area for several hours at a time.
* Safely climb in and out of a tractor cab & trailer.
* Safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat & kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
* Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Acts as champion of XPO values both in demonstrating them personally as well as coaching/training others
Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* BS/BA degree (equivalent military or other work experience may substitute).
* Transportation/Distribution/Logistics degree programs preferred.
* Two years of supervisory experience preferred.
* LTL (less than truckload) industry experience preferred.
* Demonstrate leadership, communication and administrative skills.
* Knowledge of the less-than-truckload industry, hazardous materials regulations, and Department of Transportation rules and regulations.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
* Proven ability to lead others in a fast paced environment.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to balance multiple tasks while positively motivating, coaching and communicating clear instructions to others.
* Forklift experience preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
XPO Logistics is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.