Who are we? Watch to find out!
Koch Industries Inc. (KII) is one of the largest privately held companies in the world. Koch owns a diverse range of businesses across the globe that include chemical manufacturing, oil refining, fertilizer production, paper and fiber production, lumber and consumer products production, and electronics parts production. This corporate role is with Koch Rail, LLC, whose vision is to improve the value created for KII companies in the provision of railcar assets and other rail services.
A successful candidate will have the following attributes:
* Ability to be a strategic and goal oriented leader
* Self-directed and a self-starter
* Demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking, and risk management skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills and team player
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Building a sustainable and scalable capability in railcar operations and maintenance for Koch Rail
* Managing a team executing railcar operations and maintenance processes and procedures for a growing fleet of privately owned and leased railcars.
Among other things, this team has decision rights for vendor selection and oversight, repair estimate and invoice review, executing programs driven by regulatory requirements, mobile repair coordination, railcar inspections, scrapping logistics, etc.
* Applying and ensuring vendor adherence to procedures and form requirements for execution and submission as approved by Compliance
* Ensuring car specifications meet technical and compliance requirements after repairs are completed
* Framing all maintenance decisions using critical and economic thinking to pursue the best long term value solution
* Developing and executing a 5-year preventative maintenance plan for owned railcars
* Developing & managing relationships with internal customers to earn decision rights and efficiently execute repairs based on sound economic and critical thinking
* Objectively demonstrating value creation using analytics and visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI and Tableau
* Collaborating with the commercial and logistics team to effectively execute rail car onboarding and off boarding
* Participating in strategy development for IT support systems and outsourced services
What You Will Need:
* 5+ years of experience in a leadership role managing others
* 5+ years experience managing process based operations
* Experience in project management that required coordination of multiple resources
* Experience in data driven forecasting and decision making using diagnostic and predictive analytics
* Advanced experience in Microsoft Excel and Access (Excel-the ability to accurately manipulate datasets and do advanced calculations without losing base data integrity i.e pivot tables, auto filtering, and using advanced formulas such as vlookup and array formulas; Access -building queries, linking data into other sources, understanding table join relationships)
* Willing and able to travel 25% of the time
* Not eligible for Visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead?
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
* Prior employment in a railcar repair shop, a railcar owner/lessor, or a railroad
* 5+ years experience managing railcar maintenance and related compliance on a fleet of company owned railcars
Want to learn more about KII?
Based in Wichita, Kan., Koch Industries, Inc. is one of the largest private companies in America with estimated annual revenues as high as $115 billion, according to Forbes. It owns a diverse group of companies involved in refining, chemicals, grain processing and biofuels; forest and consumer products; fertilizers; polymers and fibers; process and pollution control equipment and electronic components; commodity trading; minerals; energy; ranching; glass; and investments. Since 2003, Koch companies have invested approximately $65 billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures. With a presence in about 60 countries, Koch companies employ more than 100,000 people worldwide, with about 60,000 of those in the United States. From January 2009 to present, Koch companies have earned more than 930 awards for safety, environmental excellence, community stewardship, innovation, and customer service. For more news and stories, visit http://www.kochnews.com.
The businesses‘ popular consumer brands include Brawny® paper towels, Quilted Northern® and Angel Soft® bath tissue, Dixie® tabletop products, LYCRA® fiber, STAINMASTER® carpet and more.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us KII-LinkedIn KRC-Twitter KRC-Facebook KRC-YouTube