Efficiently operates all types of assigned Gasoline/Diesel engines within a lubricant testing laboratory. Performs minor maintenance functions, such as take oil samples, complete calculation for oil adds, spark plug changes, etc.
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
· Manually or by interacting with an automated electronic data acquisition/control system, operates
· Stationary engine testing apparatus in accordance with comprehensive written test procedures.
· Manually, or with the aid of computerized control system, maintains test parameters within established test procedure limits. Manually records data required. Obtains, labels, and takes required oil samples and/or oil adds.
· Responding to computer prompting, or as specified by written test procedures, corrects and records Air/Fuel Ratio, takes and records blow-by reading, and/or carries out any special operating instructions.
· Standard workload capacity under normal conditions should not exceed operation of 7 engines
· Performs daily lab cleaning duties to ensure orderliness and safety of all work area.
· Responsible for complying with departmental ISO procedures.
· Performs other duties as required by Lab Supervisor
· Must have a HS education or GED equivalent.
· A minimum of 6 months automotive experienced desired.
· Must be capable of efficiently operating a standard workload capacity with ability to multi-task.
· Legible handwriting, competency in basic math skills, and ability to follow oral and written instructions required.
· Must be available for overtime assignments on short notice.
Intertek offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market. We promote a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, 401(k) with company match, paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.