RETAIN AND DISPOSAL CLERK
General Description of Responsibilities
Through guidance provided by Laboratory Manager or Laboratory Supervisor, and in a safe, legal and ethical manner, the Retain and Disposal Clerk is to attend to the process of retaining and disposing of materials for the company and its clients and to maintain associated records, thus supporting the goal of providing a service to our clients that is accurate, timely and cost effective.
In the event the Retain and Disposal Clerk is unavailable, the Laboratory Manager delegates the responsibilities to trained Laboratory personnel.
· Transfers and retains samples and other requested materials according to the retain process described in OCA Sample Retention.
· Disposes of or prepares for disposal of samples and other requested materials according to the disposal process described in OCA Sample Disposal.
· Maintain the supplies necessary to accomplish the above
· Maintain all appropriate records associated with retain and disposal of samples and materials.
· Maintain assigned area, files, supplies and equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
· Perform any reasonable additional duties that may be assigned by the Laboratory Supervisor.
· Carries out all responsibilities in a supportive manner with adherence to the Companys Safety Policy and Procedures, Quality Management System, Ethics Policy, Environmental Management System, Vision and Strategy, and exercises good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy.
This position reports directly to their Laboratory Manager or Laboratory Supervisor
Education and Experience Requirements
· High school education or equivalent
· Good physical condition.
· Protocol, procedure and safety oriented.
Intertek offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market. We promote a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, 401(k) with company match, paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.