Allied Building Products, a division of Oldcastle, is a national independent distributor specializing in commercial & residential exterior and interior building materials with over 200 locations from Hawaii to Boston. The company was founded in 1950 as a small family-operated business focusing on the metro NY/NJ region and through acquisitions across much of the United States is now established as a major industry player. We believe that our employees are our best asset.
Allied still holds true to the core values of our humble beginnings that have made us a true success.
Drive your way to a new career!!
Like to be outside and not stuck in an office? As one of our drivers, youll work close to home and have your nights and weekends free.*
Enjoy competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Experienced, safety conscious, customer-focused drivers encouraged to apply!
Who are we?
Allied Building Products is one of the largest, most successful distributors in the building materials industry. We have over 200 locations, maintain a fleet of over 2,700 vehicles and employ over 3,100 people. As part of the Allied Building Products family, youll be a member of an organization with a history of success that dates back over 60 years.
What will I be doing?
As a full time driver, youll travel locally to deliver interior building materials
(ex: Drywall) to our customers, while adhering to and understanding safety policies and regulations. A clean driving record and top-notch customer service skills are a must! Were looking for experienced Truck Drivers with their CDL A driver license.
with materials and verify load for accuracy
* Set up job perimeters, inspect site to ensure a safe environment to unload
truck at site involves lifting of heavy drywall
* Communicate regularly with dispatcher to ensure timely product delivery at job site
* Communicate potential on-site hazards to branch management
* Keep log book up-to-date at all times
* Adhere to and understand safety policies and regulations
* Perform other duties as assigned
Class A driver license in good standing
* Must be able to lift 75+ lbs repeatedly throughout the day
* Experience handling building materials
* Forklift experience preferred
* Boom experience highly preferred
* Select branches have 4 hour Saturday shifts.
What Allied Offers You
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North Americas largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Allied is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day.
Follow Oldcastle Careers on
WordPress (Career Blog) and
Allied Building Products is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Allied Building Products is part of the Oldcastlecareers network.
#CAN #ACB #MAPG