Hajoca Corporation is the nation’s largest privately held wholesale distributor of plumbing, heating and air-conditioning, industrial pipes-valves-fittings, pool and waterworks supplies for residential, commercial, industrial and infrastructure construction. We have approximately 400 locations, called Profit Centers, throughout the United States, representing the premier product lines in our industry.
Since 1858, Hajoca has been blending the strengths and clout of a large company with freedom and opportunity for employees. The company will continue to grow and prosper because our fundamental business philosophy works: emphasis on entrepreneurial spirit, expert knowledge, strong incentives for our employees, and devotion to Hajoca’s proven business principles of „Service, Integrity, Reliability.“
Are you outgoing and value customer service? Are you detail-oriented and safety conscious? Do you thrive on providing a positive customer experience? If so, the n All-Tex Pipe & Supply , a division of Hajoca Corporation, would like you to join the dedicated team at our Houston location as a Driver. Our team has been servicing the Houston community for 12 years offering the very best in PVF and supplies . W e are a close-knit group that works together to provide the best service to both new and existing customers.
As a CDL Driver with Hajoca your specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Driving a Hajoca truck and operating it safely in compliance with Company rules and applicable laws and regulations
* Safely load and secure the truck prior to making deliveries. If hauling hazardous materials in excess of 1000 pounds, affix the appropriate DOT hazmat placards.
* Unload correct merchandise and place it where the receiving party dictates
* Provide sales leads by noting prospective customer names, addresses, or needs discovered throughout the course of daily deliveries
* Inspect the truck and required parts to determine safe operating condition prior to delivery, and inform supervisor of any mechanical problems.
* Assist team members in servicing customers
Although Hajoca is a large company, we work in a decentralized environment where each of our locations, called Profit Centers, is run by the Profit Center Manager as if it was their own small business. We give you the tools you need to succeed, investing in your personal and professional growth through targeted training programs, and reward team success through our profit sharing opportunities and generous benefits package which includes:
* Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
* 401 (k) and retirement cash account
* Life insurance
* Pre-tax accounts for healthcare and dependent care
* Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EOE and M/F/Disability/Veterans.) We are a drug free workplace, with pre-employment drug screening required. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
As a Driver with Hajoca, you must be friendly, service-oriented, and have a high level of attention to detail. An unwavering commitment to safety is a must, as well as the ability to remain clam in stressful or unexpected situations. All driver team members must be able to maintain positive working relationships with vendors and customers and provide unparalleled customer service at all time.
All interested applicants must possess:
* High school degree or equivalent
* Be 21 years or older
* Possess a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) for the vehicle being driven
* Possess a driving record that demonstrates good driving skills
* Ability to safely operate any delivery vehicle including commercial motor vehicles that have a gross vehicle weight rating of 26,000 pounds or more
* Know laws, rules, and regulations governing driving motor vehicles, as well as commercial vehicles subject to DOT regulations
* Complete a DOT physical examination prior to employment and every following two years for as long as you drive a company vehicle
Our ideal candidate will also:
* Have, or quickly develop, a comprehensive knowledge of product
* Have previous experience driving a truck and making deliveries
* Possess the drive to assist team members with other tasks as required
* Possess the ability to learn to safely operate a forklift and other material-handling equipment
* Possess basic computer literacy