P1 Group is seeking a qualified
Electrical Construction Project Manager, specializing in commercial/healthcare projects, for our Lawrence / Lenexa, Kansas office.
Summary and Nature of the Work
* Manages construction projects or assists senior management on large projects.
Manages the projects field staff, subcontractor performance, and vendor compliance.
He/she thoroughly understands and complies with contract documents, budgets, and safety, statutory, and legal compliance.
Project Coordination, Scheduling and Construction
* Monitors Project Accounting and Profitability
* Maintains constructive relationships and supportive communications with clients, vendors, subcontractors, inspectors, community officials, P1 Group staff, and his/her immediate supervisor.
* Leads subordinates as defined by P1 Groups leadership model and its operating principles.
* Directly contributes to the success of the company by effectively and efficiently managing the construction project so that it is completed on time (according to adjusted schedules) and within budget.
Candidates must meet the following requirements to be considered for this position.
Bachelors degree (BS) in a construction related discipline, or five to ten years of related electrical field trade experience and/or electrical trade training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in electrical construction project management, specializing in large commercial/healthcare projects.
* Other requirements:
Must be able to satisfactorily pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
Must be able to satisfactorily pass a motor vehicle record check.
Must be able to meet our companys qualifications to operate a vehicle on company business. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must possess a valid drivers license.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Demonstrated knowledge of the NEC
* Demonstrated knowledge of estimating software (Accubid & Enterprise)
* Technical understanding of electrical construction
* Knowledge of estimating strategies and techniques
* Knowledge of electrical design
* Computer skills (MS Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
* Strong oral and written communication skills; including technical writing skills
* Demonstrated problem solving skills
* Analytical and critical thinking skills
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
* Effective management, budget, estimating, and planning skills
* Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals
* Ability read blueprints and drawings
* Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and meet deadlines
* Ability to work on and with a team
* Ability to work and make decisions with minimal supervision
About our company
Since 1919, P1 Group, Inc. has created a proud tradition, outstanding reputation and proven performance record in the electrical and mechanical construction and building service industries. P1 Group has established itself as one of the premier contractors both locally and across the nation. Offering a challenging and fast-paced work environment, P1 Group takes pride in its ability to maintain a high standard of excellence along with an ethical and friendly business culture. Additionally, the safety program, which includes a full-time staff, has helped the company win numerous national safety awards.
P1 Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package.