Getting students to school safely, on time and ready to learn.
Durham School Services has almost a century of experience in providing safe and reliable transportation to student across the US. Durham is also part of a much larger family along with Petermann, Stock Transportation, Septran, The Provider, TransExpress, Safeway and Smith Bus, who come together as National Express LLC (NELLC). NELLC is one of the leading transportation companies in North America, operating 250 branches and employing 30,000 individuals. As a leader in student transportation, National Express, LLC (NELLC) is committed to exceptional safety, outstanding customer service and positive employee relations. We are currently seeking an Assistant General Manager for our Customer Service Center (CSC) in Worcester, MA..
* Providing effective guidance and leadership to the Customer Service Center Team (Drivers, Dispatchers, Office Personnel, and Supervisors)
* Maintaining a strong safety culture and monitoring safety processes/training
* Overseeing the daily operations (driver, routing, and vehicle activities) necessary to ensure employee and customer satisfaction
* Ensuring compliance with all applicable Company policies/procedures, local regulations, and government regulations
* Assisting with establishing and achieving performance goals that are in alignment with Company objectives
* Assisting in the delivery of high quality customer service and maintaining/enhancing customer relationships
* Meeting regularly with school district administrators to review and enhance service quality and performance
* Analyzing financial performance and reviewing findings with General Manager
* Resolving a variety of issues and making recommendations
* Ensuring continuous improvement in the areas of safety, operations, finance, etc.
* Assisting the General Manager in identifying growth opportunities in the local area
Company name is: Durham School Services
* College education preferred or equivalent experience
* 2 -5 years of operations management experience
* Experience working in the student transportation or ground transportation industry preferred
* Strong results-oriented leadership skills with proven success in management
* Strong commitment to providing excellent customer service and employee relations
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and transportation related software
* Knowledge of contract administration principles and practices
* Budgetary/fiscal control experience preferred
* Policy administration experience preferred
* Well-developed time-management skills
National Express LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Key Words: Assistant General Manager, General Manager, Assistant Transportation Manager, Transportation Manager, Operations Manager, Contract Manager, Assistant Transportation Director, Transportation Director, Bus, School Bus, Student, Pupil, Passenger, Transportation, Special Needs Transportation, Logistics, Operations, Transport, Route, Routing, School, Public School, Safety, Passenger Safety, VersaTrans, Synovia, Edulog, Zonar