Trinity Industries, Inc., headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a diversified industrial company that owns market-leading businesses which provide products and services to the energy, transportation, chemical, and construction sectors. Trinity reports its financial results in five principal business segments: the Rail Group, the Railcar Leasing and Management Services Group, the Inland Barge Group, the Construction Products Group and the Energy Equipment Group. Trinity’s businesses provide industrial products and services ranging from railcars, barges, storage containers, and aggregates to highway products, structural wind towers, railcar parts, and railcar leasing and management services.
Trinity’s vision is to be a premier, diversified industrial company that owns market-leading businesses which provide superior products and services to customers while generating high-quality earnings and returns for shareholders.
Trinity Corporate is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of Corporate Finance Intern in our Dallas, Texas office! We welcome your ideas and your outstanding work ethic. Join our team today and be a part of Helping to Build America.
The 2017 Summer Internship Program is designed to expose students to the many facets of business and culture within Trinity Industries, Inc. Each intern will work on a project-based, real work assignment that aligns with their area of study. Interns will learn about Trinity’s culture and business environment through executive luncheons, plant tours and special presentations. Trinity offers paid internships in our corporate office in Dallas, Texas and in plant locations throughout the United States.
Provide assistance to the Director of Leasing Analysis, Director of Manufacturing Analysis, and Director of Financial Planning including:
Development of systematic data retrieval and presentation dashboards for routine executive oversight
* Systemized data extraction and curation for executive level review
* Modeling and visualization of business unit financial and non-financial data
* Identify, analyze, and assess impacts of trends in data
Preparation of monthly financial planning reports illustrating month-end actual data and updated forecast information
* Assist with planning, preparation, and distribution of monthly financial reporting packages
* Identify opportunities for data quality enhancement and process improvements
Ad-hoc data analysis and presentation to support senior executive management
Targeting undergraduate pursuing degree in business or economics. Major in accounting or finance is preferred. Ideal candidate would have just completed their Junior year.
* Strong analytical skills (ability to identify trends and apply reason to determine causes and business implications) and problem solving skills
* Proficiency with MS Office products (principally Excel, Powerpoint)
* Clear and concise communicator (written and verbal)
Job Location Dallas, Texas, United States Position Type Intern