In 1910 a cooperative of 230 California almond growers formed with the following core values:
* To build strong relationships among growers and with their customers;
* To communicate directly and honestly; and
* To work as a team to realize the best return on their investment.
More than a century later, Blue Diamond Growers still adheres to these values at every level of our operation. Our employees are strongly committed to the brand and to each other the word family is often used to describe our culture.
Today, Blue Diamond Growers represents more than 3,000 almond growers in California the state that provides over 80% of the worlds almond supply. We are one of the most recognized food brands in the world, with annual sales exceeding $1 billion.
We believe in transparency and honest communication. And our work style is still team-based, working together to innovate, process, and distribute the best almond products to the world.
After more than 100 years, our core values of integrity, partnership, innovation and quality remain strong. Our commitment to excellence has driven Blue Diamonds unprecedented growth, innovation, high quality, and value.
Youll find these values at work throughout our company. We strive for a diverse workforce, always aiming for greater levels of inclusion. In addition to a robust benefits package, we offer an employee wellness and fitness program, in which a majority of our workforce currently participates.
Grow your career. Partner with us. We Are the Almond People!
Position Title : Machine Attendant
Location: Sacramento, CA
Job Type (Full time/Part Time): Full Time
Position Overview: Machine Attendant is responsible for supporting Manufacturing by keeping production lines properly supplied, filling containers, and maintaining proper fill weights.
* Performs daily set up, operates, and makes limited adjustments to production equipment. Must be constantly alert ofoperating functions ensuring that production and quality standards are met.
* Performs sanitation and housekeeping functions.
* Attendant is expected to contribute with in a team environment leading to production improvements.
* Must understand and adhere to Blue Diamond line certification, HACCP process, Good Manufacturing procedures (GMPs) and safety procedures.
* Maintains adequate inventory of supplies. May be required to inventory material usage.
* Required to cross train other employees as needed.
* Required to operate forklift/transporter.
* Required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor/department leaders.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
* Requires the ability to identify problems and assist in problem solving.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operations, maintenance instructions and weekly schedule. Basic math required to complete production reports.
* Overtime and weekends as necessary is a requirement in the performance of this position. Will be required to perform other tasks assigned by management and line operators.
* Works under general supervision and receives assignments from supervisor, lead operator, and line operator. Errors may cause problems for the department in terms of loss product, production delays, rework, and customer dissatisfaction.
* Position requires the ability to work in noisy areas with exposure to heat, cold, a high level of almond dust, and movement of vehicles.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
* Machine Operator experience preferred.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Blue Diamond promotes a safe and healthy work environment, and in doing so, we will perform background and drug tests for each candidate who accepts a position with our team.
Blue Diamond Growers is an Equal Opportunity and E Verify Employer