Pivot Physical Therapy is a premier provider of physical therapy, aquatic therapy and sports medicine services with locations serving Delaware, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Washington, DC and West Virginia.
Pivot is committed to clinical excellence and strives to provide our patients with the highest quality care and superior functional outcomes through evidence-based practice.
Pivots occupational health division, WORKPRO Occupational Health, specializes in the treatment and management of work-related injury, illness and employee health.
Pivot Physical Therapy is now hiring an outpatient physical therapist for our New Castle, Delaware Clinic. If you are a physical therapist who values clinical excellence, specialization through continuing education, career advancement and teamwork, apply now!
Successful candidates will possess outpatient clinical experience and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that delivers exceptional one-on-one care.
New grads welcome!
Adhering to principles consistent with the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice, the Physical Therapist provides for the evaluation, rehabilitation, treatment and prevention of chronic conditions, illnesses, and/or musculoskeletal injuries.
Reports to: Clinic Director
* Evaluates all patients referred for physical therapy
* Completes and submits all reports pertaining to the evaluation via EMR
* Sees that all referral sources are advised of clinic action for the case referred
* Maintains a patient treatment schedule consistent with the needs of the clinic
* Confers with persons most closely associated with the active management of the patient and keeps them informed of any additional patient needs, treatment modifications and/or progress
* Treats patients of all ages (e.g. infants, children, adolescents, adults, geriatrics, elderly, ages 0-120 years), race, creed, gender, and disability without bias or prejudice
* Respects and understands the patients right to treatment and right to involvement in treatment decisions
* Practices ethical responsibility based on the cultural, ethnic and religious beliefs of the patients served and applicable law
* Prepares and submits clinic reports via EMR, assuring confidentiality and following all HIPPA guidelines to include initial evaluations and summaries, daily treatment notes for all patients seen that day under his/her care, progress reports to referring physicians and agencies, discharge reports and summaries, special reports as directed by Clinic Director or Area Manager and daily attendance records and summaries
* Attends Clinic meetings as required
* Attends regular clinic meetings to report on and discuss activities and needs of the clinic, discuss patients needs and progress, discuss reports and records, discuss expansion in terms of future goals and needs
* Sees that all clinic routines and procedures are carried out as outline
* Keeps abreast of new techniques and trends in the field of Physical Therapy
* Attends conventions, meetings, or special courses whenever possible and to share with the clinic personnel information gained
* Prepares and give talks to community groups and participates in community outreach events in support of Pivot’s mission, as requested
* Maintains good public relations with all community sources
* Supervises the activities of his/her area of the clinic including but not limited to scheduling patients for treatment and evaluations, preparing daily notes and report, maintaining inventory of materials and supplies for their area of the clinic, volunteers who may assist in their area, student physical therapist/Physical Therapist Assistant and Certified Athletic Trainers within the area
* Orients new personnel to the program and procedures
* Evaluates and reports at regular intervals, the work of other employees or volunteer within their area of the clinic
* Plans for future improvement in procedures and organization of the clinic
* Assists the Clinic Director in planning of any new programs to be developed within the clinic
* Keeps current and adheres to policies and procedures as enumerated in the Policy and Procedure Manual
* Assists the Clinic Director with the revision of any procedures with the clinical personnel as necessary
* Actively participates and adheres to all policies and procedures as enumerated in the Corporate Compliance program
* Maintains overall cleanliness of clinic
* Runs errands for clinics as requested by management
* Performs other duties as assigned by management
Required Education, Certifications and Licenses:
* Graduate of a CAPTE accredited school of Physical Therapy or a school approved by the World Congress of Physical Therapy with preferably a Doctorate of Physical Therapy;
* Experience: Previous experience in outpatient setting preferred
* State licensure or be eligible for state licensure
* Current CPR card
Skills and Abilities:
* Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal and communication skills
* Excellent documentation and communication skills
* Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office, Word and Excel and all other technical or software systems Pivot utilizes
* Able to trouble shoot, strong sense of decision making and judgment; action oriented; approachable
* Team player and effective at building and fostering teamwork as well as maintain composure when dealing with conflict; thoughtful of others, courteous
* Active listening skills and able to adapt to change
* Effectively manages time, timely decision making and manage priorities